SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the first SSD upgrade service with live video support. The SanDisk® SSD Concierge Service offers full support for SanDisk solid state drive (SSD) installations1 and is designed to simplify upgrades for consumers of all technical backgrounds.
"Many customers understand the benefits an SSD can bring to an aging laptop but they also feel anxious about performing an upgrade by themselves," said Philippe Willams, director of product marketing, SanDisk. "The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service's step-by-step live support will give consumers the confidence to install an SSD and enjoy the benefits of speed, performance and reliability."
Upgrading an aging laptop with an SSD can greatly improve performance and is more cost effective than purchasing a new one. With advanced flash memory storage and significantly faster speeds, SSDs outpace traditional hard-disk drives (HDDs) in every performance category2. In addition, SSDs run cooler, create less noise, and use less power, which helps extend laptop battery life, and reduce the strain on limited system resources.
Through the SanDisk SSD Concierge Service, consumers will have all of the tools required to upgrade their laptop successfully. This includes the hardware and software necessary to migrate data as well as install the new SSD3. Once data has been successfully migrated, consumers will have the ability to schedule a video conference via mobile device with a SanDisk technician, who will walk them through the final steps of removing the existing storage device and installing their new SSD. The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service will support all SanDisk consumer SSDs.
Pricing and Availability
The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service is available through Amazon and TigerDirect at $39.99 1.
1 SSD not included; sold separately.
2 As compared to 7200 PRM SATA 2.5" hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking.
3 For use with SanDisk SSDs and Windows® 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems only. Back up all your data to a separate storage source before receiving the service.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset