Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid-state storage devices, today announced it will be presenting at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA from August 11th to 13th and will be showcasing an array of SSD solutions at booth #313, including the award winning SM2246EN SATA 6Gb/s SSD solutions, the new products using SM2256, the world's first turnkey SSD controller supporting TLC NAND and the new SM2260 PCIe 3.0 SSD controller.
Products showcasing at Silicon Motion's Flash Memory Summit booth include:
PCIe 3.0 NVMe 1.2 SSD Controller- SM2260
The SM2260 is the first turnkey merchant PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) 1.2 solid-state drive (SSD) controller solution supporting MLC, TLC and 3D NAND. The SM2260 delivers PCIe-level performance with low power consumption and features four 8 gigabit-per-second (Gbps) lanes (PCIe Gen 3.0 x4) of simultaneous data flow coupled with eight NAND channels. It is designed with fourth-generation NANDXtend technology, enabling the SM2260 to support 1y/1z nm TLC NAND as well as the upcoming 3D NAND technologies from all major NAND suppliers. The SM2260 solution optimizes hardware and software to take full advantage of the NVMe 1.2 SSD standard, offering high performance and reliability while delivering more cost-effective PCIe SSDs for computing systems, ultra-portables and tablets.
TLC SSD Controller- SM2256
The SM2256 is the world's first and only turnkey merchant SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller solution supporting 1y/1z nm TLC NAND and the upcoming 3D NAND from all major NAND suppliers. Leveraging Silicon Motion's proprietary NANDXtend error-correcting code (ECC) technology (which triples the P/E cycles for TLC NAND), the SM2256 delivers unparalleled, no-compromise performance, endurance and reliability for cost-effective, TLC-based SSDs.
MLC SSD Controllers- SM2246EN and SM2246XT
The SM2246EN is an ultra high-performance and low power SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller supporting 1y/1z nm MLC NAND from all major NAND suppliers. The SM2246EN's performance and power consumption specifications place it squarely among the top SATA SSD controllers on the market. The SM2246XT is a DRAM-less SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller ideally suited for cost-effective, small form factor and low power client SSDs and industrial storage solutions. Combined, the SM2246EN and SM2246XT controllers power more than 70 SSDs available in the market today.
Industrial Grade Single Package SSD and eMMC Solutions- FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC
The FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC are optimally designed for a wide range of embedded applications, such as server, thin client, POS, office automation, HMI devices, factory automation, gaming, medical equipment, surveillance and in-vehicle infotainment systems. FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC come with advanced firmware features including error correction, bad block management and NAND health monitoring, while supporting customized firmware, enabling highly reliable and differentiated storage solutions.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni