Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the launch of the Razer Orbweaver Chroma, a customizable, mechanical, ergonomic gaming keypad that is specifically designed for tournament-grade controls and color synchronization with other Chroma-enabled devices.
Building on the success of the original Razer Orbweaver, the all-new Razer Orbweaver Chroma provides gamers with 20 fully programmable Razer Mechanical Switches; an eight-way directional thumb-pad; adjustable hand, thumb and palm modules; and now, with all of the beloved lighting features first seen on the Razer BlackWidow Chroma keyboard.
The built-in green Razer Mechanical Switches come with a required actuation force of 50 grams, ensuring that commands are executed as fast as users' fingers can trigger them. The thumb-pad can be used for movement or even as a modifier to enable nearly endless spell combinations, which can be set through Razer's cloud-based driver software Razer Synapse. With the Razer Orbweaver, gamers will be able to unleash a rain of spells, macros and abilities upon their opponents, all with incredible speed and efficiency.
"The Razer Orbweaver Chroma is the ultimate instrument of game control and style," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "It's a powerful feeling to have all essential gaming keys at your fingertips, without any distractions, on a device that offers absolute comfort."
The Razer Orbweaver joins other Chroma-enabled Razer devices, including the award-winning Razer DeathAdder Chroma and Razer Naga Epic Chroma gaming mice; the Razer BlackWidow Chroma gaming keyboard; the Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset; and the Razer Firefly gaming mouse mat. All Chroma-enabled products feature 16.8 million customizable color options and a range of effects enabled through Razer's Synapse driver software. Razer Synapse also allows for inter-device color synchronizing with just the click of a button.
For more information on Razer Chroma: Full Spectrum Gaming, interested parties may visit http://www.razerzone.com/chroma.
The Razer Orbweaver Chroma will also be included in the Chroma SDK, with which game developers may bring in-game events onto Chroma-enabled products as lighting effects that provide for a more immersive gaming experience.
� Razer Mechanical Switches with 50 g actuation force
� 30 fully programmable keys including and 8-way thumb-pad
� Chroma backlighting with 16.8 million customizable color options
� Adjustable hand , thumb, and palm-rests modules for maximum comfort
� Instantaneous switching between eight key maps
� Unlimited macro lengths
� Razer Synapse enabled
� Braided fiber cable
� Unlimited customizable profiles via Razer Synapse
� Approximate size: 55 mm / 2.17 in. (Length) x 154 mm / 6.06 in. (Width) x 202 mm / 7.95 in. (Height)
� Approximate weight: 395 g / 0.87 lbs.
� PC or Mac with a free USB port
� Windows® 10 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
� Internet connection
� 100 MB of hard disk space
� Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
Price: $US129.99 / €129.99
Availability: Razer Store - August 2015
Worldwide - August 2015
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4