Who: Surprise Attack Games & Cybernate
What: THE CITIZEN KANE OF SUPER CRATE BOX CLONES, SUPER MUTANT ALIEN ASSAULT LAUNCHES INTO EARLY ACCESS ON AUGUST 20th
Where: Melbourne, Australia
When: Wednesday August 12, 2015
Details: Super Mutant Alien Assault, a brutal arcade platformer shooter from developer Cybernate and publisher Surprise Attack Games will release in Early Access for PC via Steam and the Humble Store on Thursday August 20, 2015. A full release of the game for PC and consoles is planned for 2016.
Taking inspiration from arcade classics and the seminal Super Crate Box by Vlambeer, Super Mutant Alien Assault is a dance with death across randomised single-screen levels. The pace is rapid and dodging is as important as shooting if you hope to survive. Played solo the game is frantic, but with local co-op, a second robot enters the fray and takes the action to a whole other level.
Fight through twelve brutal stages across three galaxies including three bosses to beat the game but only when you have unlocked and mastered countless weapons, explosives, sidearms, abilities and moves, as well as randomised level layouts, weapon machines, objectives and enemies, can you claim true victory.
In development for more than a year Cybernate and Surprise Attack Games are launching Super Mutant Alien Assault into Early Access to aid with balancing and refinement during the final stages of development. The Early Access release is a 90% done version of the game featuring all the core content and features. During Early Access the developers will add more levels, weapons, enemies, character skins and objectives whilst refining and tweaking the game based on player feedback and data. Completion of the game is not dependent on Early Access revenue.
- The citizen kane of Super Crate Box clones
- Brutal platformer shooting action
- Countless combinations of weapon, explosive, abilities, perks, moves and side-arms to unlock and master
- Solo or local co-op play
- Pumping dubstep soundtrack - wub wub
- Coming to Early Access for PC on Wednesday, 12 August 2015
- Full release on PC and consoles in 2016
Price: US $9.99
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/368680
Contact: for questions or interviews, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE INFO ON SUPER MUTANT ALIEN ASSAULT
Three fleets of spaceships flee a doomed Earth carrying the last humans in cryostasis. Pursued by aliens, it's up to the lowly security droids to save humanity. Taking up arms solo or with a friend, you must dance with death in a brutal and addictive arcade platformer shooter inspired by Super Crate Box and stuffed to the brim with unlockables.
Fight through rapid fire single screen levels each with a random combination of platform layout, objective, vending machines and enemies. Dodge and weave amongst the aliens to stay alive but don't leave them standing too long or the ship's radiation will mutate them into bigger, nastier versions.
Only by unlocking and mastering the wild variety of weapons, explosives, special abilities, defense moves and perks can you hope to survive across all three galaxies, rid your ship of the mutant menace and save the oblivious humans.
Intense and brutal action - rapid fire levels give you no rest as hordes of enemies arrive, hell-bent on your destruction. Clear the objective quickly and be sure to kill each enemy before it has the chance to mutate into a bigger, nastier version of itself. Take a tiny breather and then it's on to the next room.
Dance with death - in the tight confines of the space freighter, standing still is not an option. Your ability to dodge around enemies is as important as your aim. Survival requires quick thinking and rapid reflexes and a true master of the dance is a beautiful thing to behold.
Different every time - each single-screen level is randomised, drawing on a pool of platform layouts, objective types and enemies as well as which vending machines will be present. You'll never know which weapons or grenades will spawn in the vending machines whilst crate drops containing special abilities, sidearms, perks and defense moves are also randomised, adding further to the mind-boggling possible combinations.
Overflowing with unlockables - a wealth of weapons, sidearms, special abilities, perks, explosives, defense moves and character skins awaits you. Each new unlockable joins the melting pot of random ingredients, increasing your options but also the need to master each individual element and the way they combine with each other.
Play solo or with a friend - take on the mutant hordes by yourself or team up in local co-op. Two player adds further complications to master as you must be careful to avoid friendly fire from explosives and will have to share/fight over item and health pack drops.
Keyboard and controller support - fully customisable controls using gamepads, keyboard or a combination of the two.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning