NVIDIA Names David White, A 30-Year Tech Veteran, As CFO
SANTA CLARA, CA-FEBRUARY 27, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation today announced it has named David White, a 30-year veteran of the technology industry, as executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), succeeding Marvin Burkett, whose decision to retire was disclosed in March 2008.
White, 53, whose appointment takes effect immediately, reports directly to Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA's president and chief executive officer.
White previously served for five years as executive vice president and CFO at Sanmina-SCI Corp., a leading electronics contract-manufacturer. Prior to that, he spent seven years as CFO at Asyst Technologies, Inc. and at Candescent Technologies, Inc., and held a variety of senior finance roles at Seagate Technology, Inc.
Burkett has served for more than six years as NVIDIA's CFO and is expected to continue to serve as a senior advisor to the company, assisting in the transition.
"Following an extensive search, we are delighted to have found someone of David's caliber who will build on the world-class organization that Marv has created," Huang said. "I want to thank Marv for his enormous contributions to NVIDIA, which have been instrumental in our success, and am pleased that he will continue to work with us in an advisory capacity."
White holds a bachelor's degree in physics from Brigham Young University and a MBA from the University of Washington.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: The new DOOM will not take itself too seriously
- Intel's Brian Krzanich announces change of a few management positions
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- Turtle Beach opens pre-orders for a wireless headset called the 420X
- Mad Catz faces possible closure due to financial struggles
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes