NVIDIA Names David White, A 30-Year Tech Veteran, As CFO
SANTA CLARA, CA-FEBRUARY 27, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation today announced it has named David White, a 30-year veteran of the technology industry, as executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), succeeding Marvin Burkett, whose decision to retire was disclosed in March 2008.
White, 53, whose appointment takes effect immediately, reports directly to Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA's president and chief executive officer.
White previously served for five years as executive vice president and CFO at Sanmina-SCI Corp., a leading electronics contract-manufacturer. Prior to that, he spent seven years as CFO at Asyst Technologies, Inc. and at Candescent Technologies, Inc., and held a variety of senior finance roles at Seagate Technology, Inc.
Burkett has served for more than six years as NVIDIA's CFO and is expected to continue to serve as a senior advisor to the company, assisting in the transition.
"Following an extensive search, we are delighted to have found someone of David's caliber who will build on the world-class organization that Marv has created," Huang said. "I want to thank Marv for his enormous contributions to NVIDIA, which have been instrumental in our success, and am pleased that he will continue to work with us in an advisory capacity."
White holds a bachelor's degree in physics from Brigham Young University and a MBA from the University of Washington.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini