ASUS today announced the Z170 Signature Series motherboard, a fully-featured design that enables flexible, wide-ranging PC builds for day-to-day productivity, entertainment and gaming. The Z170 has a best-in-class overclocking design that includes a dedicated overclocking microprocessor - the TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) - and ASUS Pro Clock technology to give users unlimited overclocking potential. ASUS-exclusive 5-Way Optimization technology dynamically optimizes multiple system parameters for exceptional performance with a single click; while second generation ASUS T-Topology enables DDR4 memory overclocking to up to 3733MHz. There is also enhanced DDR3/3L support on select motherboards for additional flexibility and compatibility.
Crystal Sound 3, Intel Ethernet with LANGuard, and Turbo LAN deliver incredible gaming experiences; while onboard Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 ports and M.2 support provide rapid data transmission. The Z170-Deluxe motherboard further includes six USB 3.1 ports, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi, as well as a Hyper M.2 x4 Mini card and U.2 Hyper Kit to offer the most complete Z170 experience.
Exceptional overclocking technologies
ASUS Pro Clock Technology has a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors for overclocked base clock frequencies of up to 400MHz and beyond. It works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, and boosts performance to 5.2GHz or more.
5-Way Optimization, another ASUS-exclusive technology, dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system based on real-time use, ensuring superb processor performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and networking and audio settings that are tailored for preferred apps - perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else. This latest iteration now includes a dedicated water pump header so users can tweak pump speed in UEFI or Windows.
Second-generation ASUS T-Topology enables DDR4 memory overclocking to up to 3733MHz. A customized trace layout reduces crosstalk and coupling noise to ensure time-aligned signal transfer for improved memory stability and compatibility.
Crystal-clear in-game audio and low-latency networking with LANGuard protection
Crystal Sound 3 provides audio shielding and protection from electromagnetic interference by separating the left and right audio channel circuits. A de-pop circuit design and a new power pre-regulator help reduce input power noise; while an audio amplifier and premium Japanese-made audio capacitors gives gamers immersive in-game audio.
Intel Ethernet with LANGuard protection and Turbo LAN provide low-latency networking with hardware-level protection for reliable online connections and better throughput. It also lets users customize packet priority for smooth online gaming sessions.
A 256-color LED light source on the motherboard lets users customize their build, the lighting can be set to indicate current CPU temperature, or pulse to the beat of the music that is being played.
Onboard USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports provide users with data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s, with ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology for even more speed. M.2 x4 PCI Express 3.0 support ensures up to 32Gbit/s transfer speeds - ideal for operating system or application drives. ASUS Z170 Signature even supports NVMe M.2 and PCIe SSDs. The Z170-Deluxe includes super-fast onboard 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi, along with Hyper Kit U.2 support for 2.5-inch NVMe storage and Hyper M.2 x4 Mini for an additional M.2 interface. Users can further leverage the PCIe RAID support to build a RAID 0 array using two PCIe storage drives to enjoy lightning fast speeds.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience