QNAP Launches TS-809U-RP, High Redundancy 2U Chassis 8-Bay iSCSI NAS
QNAP Systems, Inc. today introduces the enterprise-grade TS-809U-RP Turbo NAS, the 2U chassis 8-bay NAS with high redundancy, performance, and reliability. Featuring the powerful Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz CPU and 2GB DDRII memory, the giant TS-809U-RP delivers superior performance in high density data access environment. It supports 8 hot-swappable SATA hard drives and is able to serve up to a whopping 16TB storage capacity. Designed with excellent power and network redundancy, the NAS supports redundant power supply and two Giga LAN ports for load balancing or failover. Other advanced features include RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5+spare/ 6+spare, Online RAID Capacity Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration, iSCSI with Thin Provisioning, AES 256-bit volume-based encryption, automatic policy-based IP blocking, hard disk drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) etc.
"The TS-809U-RP is equipped with two power supply units, which share the load equally in normal operation. When one of them fails for any reasons, the other one will take over to supply the power of the entire NAS to ensure continuous operation. The IT administrator can replace the failed unit without turning off the server. This largely enhances the productivity of the business environment and minimizes the system maintenance cost," said Troy Lin, Product Manager from QNAP.
The TS-809U-RP supports built-in iSCSI target service with Thin Provisioning. Up to 8 iSCSI devices can be created for storage expansion or backup destination of the existing application servers on the network. The NAS comes with the Surveillance Station feature which supports real-time monitoring and video playback from up to 4 IP-based cameras. Versatile server functions are provided, e.g. file server, FTP server, DDNS support, Web server with built-in phpMyAdmin, Joomla, MySQL, SQLite, editable php.ini, MySQL server and USB printer server (max 3), etc. All these server functions can be accessed across Linux, UNIX, Mac, and Windows platforms. The NAS supports all-in-one XDove mail server by QPKG software expansion which enables the business users to establish their own mail server easily at the minimum cost.
For further product information, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- ASRock shows off USB 3.1 front panel that plugs into SATA express
- Basemark teams up with TUV Rheinland for performance certification
- Exclusive: A look into the GIGABYTE Z170x Gaming G1 series
- Report: Samsung saw booming sales for its Galaxy S6 smartphones
- Intel outlines shift to focus more on mobile, Internet of Things
- ViewSonic LightStream PJD5255 Projector Review
- asrock z97 extreme 6 and sm951 problem
- Will ASUS P5W DH Deluxe w/ latest BIOS support Windows 7 64-bit?
- problem asrock h81m-hds and dvbsky 950c card
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum Video Cards in SLI
- Announcing the Killer Wireless-AC 1535 Controller
- Nanoxia Announces CoolForce PC Case Series
- Shuttle Unveils Robust PCs with Built-in Broadwell Core i3, i5 and i7 Processors
- Crucial Announces Ballistix DDR4 16GB Memory Modules
- Crucial Announces 8GB-based DDR4 Server Memory