Games industry veteran Team17 today announced 2 new and exciting additions to its hugely successful Worms series which will be unveiled at this year's gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
Mickey Torode, Team17's Marketing Director said, "2015 is a special year for us as it marks both Worms 20th birthday and Team17's 25th anniversary. Moving into 2016, dubbed "The year of the Worm", will mark the start of the celebrations of 21 Years of Worms"
Worms WMD features a fresh, brand new look 2D cartoon-inspired worm as well as gorgeous hand drawn landscapes. For the first time ever players will be able to use exciting new vehicles and even enter buildings which will add new strategic elements of gameplay to the traditional wormy warfare.
Worms WMD will be heading to Xbox One and PC in 2016 but Team17 are excited to be showing the game at this year's gamescom to allow fans an early look at just some of what is to come! Attendees will be able to get an exclusive first hands-on with the explosive game at Team17's booth in Hall 10.1 throughout Thursday 6th August - Sunday 9th August.
Team17 will also be showing a variety of games from their indie label which will be available to play throughout the show including Beyond Eyes, Sheltered, Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE, Penarium and Team17 developed title The Escapists The Walking Dead.
In other Worms' news, Team17 have also today announced the forthcoming arrival of Worms 4 on mobile!
Worms 4 is the definitive handheld Worms experience featuring an all new enriched look and improved design for mobile featuring smaller landscapes, smaller teams and shorter match lengths making action packed battles easily doable whilst on the go.
Players will be able to take part in turn-based synchronous online multiplayer matches played out in real time, battle their way through 80 single player missions, collect over a hundred weapon upgrades and duel across 5 different themes.
Worms 4 is due for release on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in August 2015.
Worms WMD is due for release on Xbox One and PC in early 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio's GPU is 4.5x faster than Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017