TRENDnet Now Shipping the PC and Mac Compatible 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter
TORRANCE, Calif. -February 26, 2009 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, which offers unsurpassed Dual Band Wireless N performance for both PC and Mac computers.
Dual-Band technology enables users to network their computer to a wireless network using either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz radio frequency. Most wireless solutions on the market today use the 2.4GHz radio frequency. This includes new wireless n products, older wireless g and b solutions, cordless phones, cellular phones and Bluetooth® devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz band can degrade wireless performance and slow wireless transmissions on this band.
Dual-band networking allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz band and high-bandwidth, latency-sensitive, applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz band, resulting in a seamless wireless experience.
Setup is a breeze with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) technology. WPS removes many of the complicated steps previously required when connecting to a wireless router or access point. Advanced wireless encryption protects valuable data. The latest in MIMO antenna technology ensures the fastest communication speeds that wireless n technology provides.
PC drivers are included with the product and Mac drivers are available for download at the following Web page: http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1310
"The TEW-664UB gives users the power to manage their wireless experience," stated Brian Chu, Information Technology Director for TRENDnet. "Users can network to their Dual Band wireless resource at home, and with the same device they can still connect to common 2.4GHz wireless n, g or b networks when they are on the go. They can also jump between two or more discrete wireless networks on either band at home or at the office."
The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, will be available from all TRENDnet retail, online and distribution partners.
The MSRP for the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, is US $59.99.
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand