Seagate Technology plc, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced the availability of the 1200.2 Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) Solid State Drive (SSD). The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD is the first product to result from a strategic alliance between Seagate and Micron Technology, Inc., announced in February 2015.
"Enterprise and cloud users face record growing storage demands challenging the performance of their IT systems to churn through mass amounts of data, while being restricted by opex/capex expenditure limits," said Brett Pemble, vice president of flash products, Seagate cloud systems and electronics solutions. "As our partners and customers depend on Seagate flash technologies to meet these challenges, we are leveraging our collaboration and innovation with Micron to exceed their expectations."
The framework established between Seagate and Micron has led to the development and production of this next-generation, high-capacity SAS SSD platform. It is the first 12 gigabits-per-second (Gb/s) SAS device to optimize dual-channel throughput with up to 1800 megabytes-per-second (MB/s) sequential reads and offer multiple endurance choices within a single hardware and firmware design. These advantages engineered for the 1200.2 SAS SSD ensure it will deliver ultra-fast performance to match the needs of specific enterprise applications and workloads.
The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD is engineered for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and system builder partners who design and build scalable, modular storage solutions for enterprise applications. It's also available to enterprise end users who want to directly upgrade and expand their existing SAS storage infrastructure and investment. For enterprise and cloud customers with critical production systems requiring high data availability, the drive delivers the data integrity required in the event of an unexpected power loss. The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD provides superior data protection and reliability that protects data from undetected, unintentional corruption and prevents unauthorized access to the drive and stored data with three levels of security.
"The Seagate-Micron collaboration brings together some of the best minds in the dynamic world of storage-Seagate's SAS expertise combined with Micron's flash leadership is enabling us to truly redefine the future of enterprise storage development," said Darren Thomas, vice president of storage, Micron. "The first example of this relationship is the introduction of a data-intensive SAS solution, expanding our SSD portfolio to meet the needs of our enterprise customers."
Additional features include the following:
- Industry-leading storage density range including 4TB-class capacity in a 2.5-inch form factor
- Dual-port SAS interface configurable to provide up to 1800 MB/s sequential read performance or high data availability with failover redundancy and no single point of failure.
- Next generation Power Loss Protection (PLP) maintains high data integrity to prevent loss of user data in flight in the event of unexpected power interruptions.
- Superior data protection and reliability, achieved by combining full internal and external data path protection and multi-layered error recovery technology with advanced error detection/correction encoding optimized for NAND media.
- Three levels of security including secure diagnostics and download (SD&D), Seagate SecureTM Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS drive.
The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD will ship to channel partners in August 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4