Creative Technology Ltd today announced at gamescom 2015 , as part of the Sound BlasterX Gaming Series, the Sound BlasterX G5, a 7.1 HD audio external sound card with built-in headphone amplifier. The Sound BlasterX G5 is an external sound card that comes with the built-in SB-Axx1 multi-core chipset for hardware accelerated SBX Pro Studio enhanced audio and transforms even basic stereo into 3D positional surround sound on your headset. The Sound BlasterX G5 also supports multi-channel content, delivering true 7.1 audio for ultra-realistic surround sound.
Built with precision audiophile components, the Sound BlasterX G5 is also a 24-bit/192kHz, 120dB USB DAC and headphone amplifier with 2.2 ohm output impedance for high fidelity playback -- driving studio-grade headphones up to 600 ohms and sensitive in-ear monitors. The illuminated volume control knob and dedicated SBX and Scout Mode buttons also allow for quick volume or audio adjustments during gaming sessions.
- USB plug-and-play functionality
- Dedicated SB-Axx1 audio processor
- 120dB DAC for 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Headphone amplifier with low 2.2 ohm output impedance supporting sensitive in-ear monitors and studio-grade headphones up to 600 ohms
- Cross-platform connectivity
- USB port for easy connection to additional USB devices such as mice or keyboards
- Integrated volume and audio enhancement controls
- Backlit 'X' logo and volume control knob
BlasterX Acoustic Engine
The Sound BlasterX Gaming Series also comes with the BlasterX Acoustic Engine software for PC that allows gamers to customize their audio profile to the game genres that they are playing. It is designed to intelligently decrease distractions and enhance essential audio details in games, giving gamers an added advantage. Gamers can now experience unprecedented levels of audio realism with immersive surround sound and bass boost -- hear details you never knew were there! The full, customizable version of the BlasterX Acoustic Engine is available for the Sound BlasterX G5.
Other products in the Sound BlasterX series, namely the Sound Blaster H7 Professional HD 7.1 Surround USB Gaming Headset, the Sound BlasterX H5 Professional Analog Gaming Headset, and the Sound BlasterX P5 High-Performance In-ear Gaming Headset will be announced in separate press releases.
Pricing and Availability
Sound BlasterX G5 is priced at USD149.99 and will be available at the online store at creative.com November 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup