Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced its next generation of enterprise solid state drives (eSSDs) for the PX Series. The new PX04S line features four serial-attached small computer system interface (SCSI) SAS eSSD models well-suited for enterprise applications including: mail servers; database servers; virtualized enterprise file servers; and primary storage in read, write or mixed workload environments. Continuing Toshiba's legacy of quality and reliability, the dual-ported 12 Gbit/s SAS PX04S line offers random 4K performance with read IOPS up to 270K and write IOPS up to 145K. This is Toshiba's first 12Gbit/s SAS SSD to deliver 3.84 TB of operating capacity. Sample shipment starts from today.
The PX04S line features four eSSD models - PX04SHB, PX04SMB, PX04SVB and PX04SRB - each offering a range of capacities and optimized for different applications and workloads; High-Endurance: Targeted at applications requiring the highest levels of eSSD performance, reliability and endurance, the PX04SHB supports 25 complete drive writes per day (DWPD) with a one hundred percent random workload and is available in a range of capacities from 200 GB to 1.6 TB. Write-intensive virtualized data centers, big data analytics and high performance computing (HPC) workloads will benefit from the impressive performance and data integrity afforded by the PX04SHB.
Mid-Endurance: For mixed-use, mission-critical hyperscale and virtualized environments, Toshiba's PX04SMB provides very high levels of predictable performance to optimize system and application performance. The PX04SMB offers 10 DWPD with capacities up to 3.2 TB and is suitable for online transaction processing (OLTP) and e-commerce.
Value-Endurance: The PX04SVB is optimized for read-intensive server and storage applications, requiring a balance of reliability, capacity and endurance. Capable of three DWPD with capacities up to 3.84 TB, PX04SVB SSDs are suited for read-intensive applications such as media streaming, data warehousing and web servers.
Read-Intensive: Targeted at read-intensive applications requiring one DWPD or less, the PX04SRB delivers features and performance suited for a range of enterprise and web-based workloads like video on demand (VOD) and data warehousing. The PX04SRB is available in capacities up to 3.84 TB.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers