Noctua today announced that it will continue its tradition of supplying customers with its premium-class SecuFirm2 mounting kits for novel platforms free of charge. While most Noctua heat sinks support Skylake's LGA1151 socket out of the box, older models can be upgraded with the NM-i115x kit at no additional cost.
"We're determined to provide the best possible support to our customers and over the years, we've sent many thousands of mounting kits free of charge to users who wanted to upgrade to new platforms", says Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "With Skylake just around the corner, we're pleased to announce that we'll extend this offer for LGA1151. Owners of older Noctua retail heat sinks that don't support LGA1151 out of the box will be able to upgrade to the new socket free of charge!"
Due to the spacing of the mounting holes being identical on LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155 and LGA1156, Noctua's previous SecuFirm2 mounting systems for LGA115x also support Intel's upcoming 'Skylake' platform. All current Noctua coolers already include SecuFirm2 mounting systems for LGA115x and can thus be used on LGA1150 mainboards without any upgrades or modifications.
Users of older Noctua retail models that don't include a SecuFirm2 mounting system for LGA115x can obtain the NM-i115x kit free of charge on Noctua's website in order to make their heat sinks compatible with the new socket. The NM-i115x kit is compatible with most Noctua retail coolers since 2005.
To order the NM-i115x kit, a proof of purchase (photo, scan or screenshot of the invoice) of both an eligible Noctua CPU cooler and either an LGA115x mainboard or LGA115x CPU are required. The NM-i115x mounting kit is compatible with most Noctua retail coolers since 2005 and is also available in stores at a low service charge.
For detailed compatibility charts, please refer to this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives