SiS Group Company- LinkVast Releases New SSD Memory Controllers --- LVT820/815
Taipei, February 25th, 2009 - SiS Group Company- LinkVast Technologies Inc. today announced the first generation solid-state drive (SSD) memory controllers --- LVT820 and LVT815 which manage the latest solid-state memory devices and support external DRAM interfaces to meet the advanced SSD hard drive performance requirements. In addition to standard size of Hard Disk Drive in Desktop PC, LVT820 and LVT815 also can be applied in various forms and sizes for different devices for Notebook/Netbook PC, Embedded system and specific application system markets.
With SATAII interface design, the data transfer rate of LVT820 and LVT815 up to 3Gbps. They support 8 channels (64bit/64CE) and 4 channels (32bit/32CE) memory systems respectively for the flexible and diverse capacity SSD hard drive usage. By designing with the architecture of 16-bit ECC technology, that ensures data transfer accuracy and achieve the reliability and longevity to SSD hard drive with built-in the Advanced Dynamic & Static Wear Leveling technology supporting.
LVT820 and LVT815 support all mainstream SLC & MLC solid-state memory devices. Comparing to non-external DRAM SSD memory controller, the external DRAM architecture is not only improves the read/write efficiency, but also increases the random write performance up to 100~200 times. This external DRAM architecture enhances the SSD hard drive performance under multi-tasking operations. The external DRAM interface supporting in LVT820/815 also can extend the SSD memory life cycle by reducing the wear out rate in solid-state memory devices.
LVT820 and LVT815 adopt the advanced 0.11um silicon process with LFBGA "Green" packaging technology. The application - SSD hard drive features in no noise, low power consumption, small size, anti-shock protection, longevity characteristics, and high read/write speed access with no latency delay and no seek error for the new generation storage market.
LVT820 and LVT815 are sampling and expect to be available on the market in June, 2009.
*** LVT820 and LVT815 chipset and SSD hard drive application
About Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SiS)
Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS), founded in 1987, is a worldwide leader in the development of leading-edge core logic chipsets. Over the last 20 years, its products have been widely used in various applications such as Desktop PCs, notebook PCs, Embedded Systems, Wireless Communications, Servers, and Digital Entertainment Devices.
For more information about SiS, pls click http://www.sis.com.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now