SiS Group Company- LinkVast Releases New SSD Memory Controllers --- LVT820/815
Taipei, February 25th, 2009 - SiS Group Company- LinkVast Technologies Inc. today announced the first generation solid-state drive (SSD) memory controllers --- LVT820 and LVT815 which manage the latest solid-state memory devices and support external DRAM interfaces to meet the advanced SSD hard drive performance requirements. In addition to standard size of Hard Disk Drive in Desktop PC, LVT820 and LVT815 also can be applied in various forms and sizes for different devices for Notebook/Netbook PC, Embedded system and specific application system markets.
With SATAII interface design, the data transfer rate of LVT820 and LVT815 up to 3Gbps. They support 8 channels (64bit/64CE) and 4 channels (32bit/32CE) memory systems respectively for the flexible and diverse capacity SSD hard drive usage. By designing with the architecture of 16-bit ECC technology, that ensures data transfer accuracy and achieve the reliability and longevity to SSD hard drive with built-in the Advanced Dynamic & Static Wear Leveling technology supporting.
LVT820 and LVT815 support all mainstream SLC & MLC solid-state memory devices. Comparing to non-external DRAM SSD memory controller, the external DRAM architecture is not only improves the read/write efficiency, but also increases the random write performance up to 100~200 times. This external DRAM architecture enhances the SSD hard drive performance under multi-tasking operations. The external DRAM interface supporting in LVT820/815 also can extend the SSD memory life cycle by reducing the wear out rate in solid-state memory devices.
LVT820 and LVT815 adopt the advanced 0.11um silicon process with LFBGA "Green" packaging technology. The application - SSD hard drive features in no noise, low power consumption, small size, anti-shock protection, longevity characteristics, and high read/write speed access with no latency delay and no seek error for the new generation storage market.
LVT820 and LVT815 are sampling and expect to be available on the market in June, 2009.
*** LVT820 and LVT815 chipset and SSD hard drive application
About Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SiS)
Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS), founded in 1987, is a worldwide leader in the development of leading-edge core logic chipsets. Over the last 20 years, its products have been widely used in various applications such as Desktop PCs, notebook PCs, Embedded Systems, Wireless Communications, Servers, and Digital Entertainment Devices.
For more information about SiS, pls click http://www.sis.com.
Latest News Posts
- Google's updated Photos app will provide more creative control
- US struggling to counter Islamic State's clever social media strategy
- Fridge filled with Jurassic Park games for the SNES on eBay for $1500
- 'Mad Max' Blu-ray to include black & white version
- The ThermalTHOR modder is back again with another incredible entry
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asus F550JK freeze
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications