NEXON Co., Ltd. ("Nexon") (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in online games, today announced its Korean subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation, has entered into a game development and publishing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. ("EA") to bring a PC online version of the critically-acclaimed, first-person shooter game, Titanfall, originally developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by EA, to players in Asia.
Respawn Entertainment - which was co-founded by Vince Zampella, one of the co-creators of the multi-billion dollar franchise CALL OF DUTY and co-founders of its development studio, Infinity Ward - is an independent video game development studio located in Los Angeles, California.
"With its pilot vs. titan gameplay, among other innovations, Titanfall is a uniquely intense game experience. We look forward to working with the talented teams at Respawn and EA and leveraging Nexon's free-to-play expertise to deliver a new and engaging online game based on Titanfall to the Asian market," said Owen Mahoney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nexon.
Today's announcement marks the third collaboration between Nexon and EA, building on the continued success of EA SPORTS FIFA Online 3, currently the #1 online sports game in Korea. With this agreement, Nexon, EA and Respawn will bring an exciting new online experience to players in Asia.
Nexon is committed to providing players with high-quality, deeply creative and entertaining games. The Company develops and services its broad portfolio of titles around the world through a combination of in-house development and strategic partnerships.
EA is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The company delivers games, content and online services for consoles, PC and mobile devices, including blockbuster titles like EA SPORTS FIFA, The Sims and Battlefield.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0