NEXON Co., Ltd. ("Nexon") (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in online games, today announced its Korean subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation, has entered into a game development and publishing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. ("EA") to bring a PC online version of the critically-acclaimed, first-person shooter game, Titanfall, originally developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by EA, to players in Asia.
Respawn Entertainment - which was co-founded by Vince Zampella, one of the co-creators of the multi-billion dollar franchise CALL OF DUTY and co-founders of its development studio, Infinity Ward - is an independent video game development studio located in Los Angeles, California.
"With its pilot vs. titan gameplay, among other innovations, Titanfall is a uniquely intense game experience. We look forward to working with the talented teams at Respawn and EA and leveraging Nexon's free-to-play expertise to deliver a new and engaging online game based on Titanfall to the Asian market," said Owen Mahoney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nexon.
Today's announcement marks the third collaboration between Nexon and EA, building on the continued success of EA SPORTS FIFA Online 3, currently the #1 online sports game in Korea. With this agreement, Nexon, EA and Respawn will bring an exciting new online experience to players in Asia.
Nexon is committed to providing players with high-quality, deeply creative and entertaining games. The Company develops and services its broad portfolio of titles around the world through a combination of in-house development and strategic partnerships.
EA is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The company delivers games, content and online services for consoles, PC and mobile devices, including blockbuster titles like EA SPORTS FIFA, The Sims and Battlefield.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available