Independent developer Jay Tholen and noted balloon artists and game publisher Devolver Digital have announced the point and click hugventure Dropsy will release on PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS on September 10.
Dropsy is a non-traditional take on the classic point and click adventure formula starring the game's perpetually carefree namesake clown as he explores a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets, doling out hugs along the way. Rather than lead players on a singular narrative path, players are free to choose which avenues of adventure they want to explore in an open world setting and can piece the puzzles and story together however they choose.
"...," said Dropsy the Clown, as he is unable to speak.
During the quest to clear his name after a deadly circus fire, Dropsy will encounter a peculiar cast of folk to communicate with through visual icons rather than the traditional text dialog trees. Through these rudimentary conversations, Dropsy takes players on a self-aware journey of self-discovery with a story that harnesses powerful themes of love and redemption - Dropsy the character is an outsider, longing for a community to call his own. Along his adventure, players will find answers to geographically based puzzles, unravel dark and shameful secrets from his past, and collect fancy items to stuff in his elastic waistband for use along the way. Oh, and Dropsy can also talk to animals.
"The first one million gamers that purchase Dropsy will receive a certificate that entitles them to a free hug from developer Jay Tholen," said Devolver Digital CFO, Fork Parker. "Nobody hug me though, I find gamers off-putting."
Fans of oddly carefree clowns and Devolver Digital productions can visit http://www.dropsytheclown.com to learn more about the game or follow @DropsyTheClown on Twitter to keep up with development updates and other news.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup