Independent developer Jay Tholen and noted balloon artists and game publisher Devolver Digital have announced the point and click hugventure Dropsy will release on PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS on September 10.
Dropsy is a non-traditional take on the classic point and click adventure formula starring the game's perpetually carefree namesake clown as he explores a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets, doling out hugs along the way. Rather than lead players on a singular narrative path, players are free to choose which avenues of adventure they want to explore in an open world setting and can piece the puzzles and story together however they choose.
"...," said Dropsy the Clown, as he is unable to speak.
During the quest to clear his name after a deadly circus fire, Dropsy will encounter a peculiar cast of folk to communicate with through visual icons rather than the traditional text dialog trees. Through these rudimentary conversations, Dropsy takes players on a self-aware journey of self-discovery with a story that harnesses powerful themes of love and redemption - Dropsy the character is an outsider, longing for a community to call his own. Along his adventure, players will find answers to geographically based puzzles, unravel dark and shameful secrets from his past, and collect fancy items to stuff in his elastic waistband for use along the way. Oh, and Dropsy can also talk to animals.
"The first one million gamers that purchase Dropsy will receive a certificate that entitles them to a free hug from developer Jay Tholen," said Devolver Digital CFO, Fork Parker. "Nobody hug me though, I find gamers off-putting."
Fans of oddly carefree clowns and Devolver Digital productions can visit http://www.dropsytheclown.com to learn more about the game or follow @DropsyTheClown on Twitter to keep up with development updates and other news.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system