Acer today announced its new Windows 10 back-to-school line, including its E Series notebook which will be available for purchase beginning July 29th, and will ship to customers the first week of August. Ideal for students, home use and small businesses, they pack solid performance into a sophisticated design.
"Acer is thrilled to be offering a wide range of products featuring Microsoft Windows 10," said Eric Ackerson, senior product marketing manager, Acer. "Our ability to deliver a seamless user experience through Continuum across multiple devices -- notebooks, desktops, tablets and smartphones -- is a significant capability our customers are going to love."
The new E Series notebooks feature optimized audio and voice capabilities that maximize the Cortana personal digital assistant experience. Acer's TrueHarmony, a unique combination of innovative hardware and software design, delivers lifelike audio to take entertainment to the next level, making movies come to life, giving music extra depth and games more engaging and realistic.
Acer's E Series are offered in several sizes, with either 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch displays, and in a variety of colors. They feature the latest Intel processors, NVIDIA GeForce 940M series graphics with dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 16 GB RAM and 2 TB HDD/1 TB SSD storage options. MU-MIMO technology delivers up to 3x faster performance when connected to an 802.11ac based router. In addition, a new BluelightShield feature lessens eye strain by reducing blue light emission from the screen.
The first new E Series notebook models featuring Windows 10 and available for purchase on July 29th include:
- E5-573-58FN - 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($499.99)
- E5-573-52US - 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($549.99)
- E5-573T-5935 -15.6-inch touchscreen display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($599.99)
- E5-573-395Q - 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i3-5015U processor, 4 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($449.99)
- E5-573G-5698 - 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 2 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive ($599.99)
- E5-573G-56RG -15.6-inch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 4 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive ($649.99)
They will be quickly followed by additional Windows 10 products shipping later in August, including:
- Switch 10 E 2-in-1 notebook - The new Acer Switch 10 E provides the ultimate in flexibility since it transforms quickly and easily between four usage modes (tablet, notebook, display and tent).
- R 13 Series Convertible Notebooks - Less than 1 inch thin, these lightweight notebooks incorporate the inventive Acer Ezel Aero hinge that allows the 13.3-inch screen to rotate 180-degrees, so it can be used in six different modes (Notebook, Display, Tent, Pad, Ezel and Stand).
- R 11 Series Convertible Notebooks - With an 11.6" display, the R 11 convertible is compact enough to take anywhere - it fits easily in a purse or backpack, and is an ideal size for using on the road and in crowded spaces. With four distinct modes to choose from (Notebook, Display, Tent or Pad), it provides the flexibility to use it comfortably anywhere.
- Aspire Z3 All-in-One desktop - The Acer Aspire Z3-710 AIO features 10-point multi-touch and a 23.8-inch full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display in a slim 1.4-inch chassis. Stereo speakers with Acer True Harmony and Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater provide powerful audio, while built-in digital microphones can sense the location of voices to ensure they are heard clearly even with significant ambient noise. It offers comfortable viewing via an adjustable screen that tilts from -5 to 25 degrees.
- Aspire One Cloudbooks - with a starting price of $169 for an 11-inch model, these notebooks are ideal for students and schools. (Additional details will be announced in August.)
Lastly, the Liquid M220 smartphone, currently shipping with Windows 8.1, will be available with Windows 10(2) Mobile later this Fall. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, it provides essential features for those looking for a simple, easy to use and very affordable smartphone. It includes a 4-inch 233 pixels per inch (PPI) WVGA (480x800) display, front and rear cameras and fully supports Microsoft applications and services such as OneDrive, Skype, Office and the Cortana digital assistant.
In addition, Acer's full 2015 Windows-powered product lineup currently shipping with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 will support the free Windows 10 upgrade.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni