Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.2 billion and net income of $220 million, or $0.94 per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended July 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $356 million, or $1.51 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $317 million, or $1.32 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $445 million, or $1.85 per share.
The company generated $488 million in cash from operations during the fourth fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $5.0 billion. It utilized $198 million to repurchase 2.0 million shares of its common stock. On May 5, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on July 15.
For the 2015 fiscal year, the company achieved revenue of $14.6 billion and net income of $1.5 billion, or $6.18 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 revenue of $15.1 billion and net income of $1.6 billion, or $6.68 per share. On a non-GAAP basis, fiscal year 2015 net income was $1.8 billion, or $7.76 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 net income of $2.0 billion, or $8.10 per share. The company generated $2.2 billion in cash from operations during the 2015 fiscal year and it utilized $1.4 billion for dividends and share repurchases.
"I am satisfied with our execution and performance in the fourth fiscal quarter in light of the weak PC market," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our financial performance reflects our strong product and technology positioning coupled with solid execution. We remain positive about the opportunity to create long term value in the evolving storage ecosystem."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017