Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.2 billion and net income of $220 million, or $0.94 per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended July 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $356 million, or $1.51 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $317 million, or $1.32 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $445 million, or $1.85 per share.
The company generated $488 million in cash from operations during the fourth fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $5.0 billion. It utilized $198 million to repurchase 2.0 million shares of its common stock. On May 5, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on July 15.
For the 2015 fiscal year, the company achieved revenue of $14.6 billion and net income of $1.5 billion, or $6.18 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 revenue of $15.1 billion and net income of $1.6 billion, or $6.68 per share. On a non-GAAP basis, fiscal year 2015 net income was $1.8 billion, or $7.76 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 net income of $2.0 billion, or $8.10 per share. The company generated $2.2 billion in cash from operations during the 2015 fiscal year and it utilized $1.4 billion for dividends and share repurchases.
"I am satisfied with our execution and performance in the fourth fiscal quarter in light of the weak PC market," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our financial performance reflects our strong product and technology positioning coupled with solid execution. We remain positive about the opportunity to create long term value in the evolving storage ecosystem."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design