Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.2 billion and net income of $220 million, or $0.94 per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended July 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $356 million, or $1.51 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $317 million, or $1.32 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $445 million, or $1.85 per share.
The company generated $488 million in cash from operations during the fourth fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $5.0 billion. It utilized $198 million to repurchase 2.0 million shares of its common stock. On May 5, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on July 15.
For the 2015 fiscal year, the company achieved revenue of $14.6 billion and net income of $1.5 billion, or $6.18 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 revenue of $15.1 billion and net income of $1.6 billion, or $6.68 per share. On a non-GAAP basis, fiscal year 2015 net income was $1.8 billion, or $7.76 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 net income of $2.0 billion, or $8.10 per share. The company generated $2.2 billion in cash from operations during the 2015 fiscal year and it utilized $1.4 billion for dividends and share repurchases.
"I am satisfied with our execution and performance in the fourth fiscal quarter in light of the weak PC market," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our financial performance reflects our strong product and technology positioning coupled with solid execution. We remain positive about the opportunity to create long term value in the evolving storage ecosystem."
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017