Setting a new standard in ergonomic comfort and gaming performance, Mionix today announced the CASTOR, the latest entry in their stellar lineup of premium gaming mice. Named for one of the brightest stars in the night sky, the 6-button, multi-color optical CASTOR mouse is crafted especially for right-handed gamers with dedicated ring and pinkie finger grooves and enhanced rubber grip, and features the outstanding technical performance that has made Mionix a cult favorite worldwide.
The CASTOR's unique shape has been developed to be used by right-handed players to equally support palm, claw and fingertip-grip. The mouse has a dedicated pinky- and ring-finger support-groove which makes it extremely comfortable to hold and lift. The PMW-3310 gaming grade optical sensor has no positive or negative hardware acceleration, amazing accuracy, smooth tracking, and a maximum speed of more than 5.45m/sec (215 IPS), all the way up to 10000DPI. It is the choice of the world's top pro-gamers and widely considered as the best gaming sensor currently available.
The new lift-off distance (LOD) Calibration feature combines the Surface Quality Analyzer Tool (S.Q.A.T) with adjustment of the lift-off height to find the lowest possible LOD with optimized tracking. The lightning fast 32bit ARM processor enables the mouse to have numerous gaming features without compromising the tracking of the sensor. The downloadable software provides access to fully customize all buttons, sensor settings, LED colors, macros and profiles.
Key Features of the CASTOR include:
- Five fingers, one home: Right-hand ergonomics with ring- and pinky-finger groove to comfortably place all five fingers on the mouse.
- Maximum grip: 4 layers of rubber coating and the optimized textured side rubbers ensure maximum grip and soft touch feel.
- Lightning fast processor: The 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz is the powerful engine to power it all and ensure trouble free and quick setting changes in-game.
- 128kb built-in memory: Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into up to different 5 profiles.
- Zero- Acceleration Sensor with up to 10000DPI: 1:1 Tracking, no positive or negative hardware acceleration.
- In-game 3 step DPI adjustment: Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.
The CASTOR is expected to be available worldwide in September for US$69.99. For more information and to place your pre order, visit mionix.net/mice/castor.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available