Addonics Technologies today announced a rack-mount SATA to USB 3.1 Converter, which allows users to turn any SATA device into the latest SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 storage.
When connected to a USB 3.1 port, the converter can deliver data throughput up to 10 Gbps. This effectively doubles the speed of USB 3.0 and is 20 times faster than USB 2.0. Since it is backward compatible with previous USB standards, any SATA hard drive, SSD (Solid State Drive), and even optical drives can easily be converted into USB 3.1 storage. It comes mounted on a SCIS-I bracket, which means it can easily be mounted onto any storage enclosure with a standard SCSI-1 (Centronic 50) cut out. It can be mounted on a standard desktop computer chassis by using an optional PCI mounting bracket.
The converter comes in a choice of models. There's also a model with a WRITE-PROTECT function that is ideal for sharing drives containing important data among different users or for forensic application. Drives connecting to this bridge appear as READ-ONLY media, similar to a CD or DVD disc. All features are identical as the standard version except the WRITE function is disabled. This unique feature ensures absolute protection on any hard drive or SSD against virus contamination or data tampering.
The new products are an ideal companion to the Addonics USB 3.1 PCIe controller, which the company announced last month. The controller is a simple and economical solution for adding the latest high speed 10 Gbps USB 3.1 port to desktop computers or servers.
Suggested retail for the SATA to USB 3.1 Converter is $26.99. The product is OS independent, no driver required. For more information see this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook