Many electronic devices, including network-attached storage (NAS), are not designed to have their power supply suddenly cut. Unforeseen circumstances that result in power outages can cause data loss that could set back your business operations significantly.
To prevent such events from occurring with the Thecus N5810PRO, a built-in mini-UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) has been included with the unit. The mini-UPS battery provides emergency power if the main power source where to fail. In the event of a power failure the mini-UPS will stand by for approximately 30 seconds (dependent on services in operation). If power is restored within this time frame, the NAS will continue at its normal state. If power has not been restored, the NAS will commence shut down of all operations.
The built-in mini-UPS allows for the NAS to conduct a normal shut down process that would not be possible with an abrupt power failure. This helps to prevent data loss and ensures the integrity of your data. While RAID protects files that have already been written on disks, the inclusion of a UPS will protect RAID from becoming compromised due to loss of power.
The compact Lithium-ion UPS battery (14.4V 2000mAH 28.8Wh) is one of several unique features of the N5810PRO. Outfitted with the Intel Celeron quad-core J1900 processor and 5 LAN ports the N5810pro delivers phenomenal performance and supports robust backup solutions, cross-platform file sharing, and a comprehensive set of business solutions.
For more information about the N5810PRO, visit its product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 has CG-level graphics
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology