Many electronic devices, including network-attached storage (NAS), are not designed to have their power supply suddenly cut. Unforeseen circumstances that result in power outages can cause data loss that could set back your business operations significantly.
To prevent such events from occurring with the Thecus N5810PRO, a built-in mini-UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) has been included with the unit. The mini-UPS battery provides emergency power if the main power source where to fail. In the event of a power failure the mini-UPS will stand by for approximately 30 seconds (dependent on services in operation). If power is restored within this time frame, the NAS will continue at its normal state. If power has not been restored, the NAS will commence shut down of all operations.
The built-in mini-UPS allows for the NAS to conduct a normal shut down process that would not be possible with an abrupt power failure. This helps to prevent data loss and ensures the integrity of your data. While RAID protects files that have already been written on disks, the inclusion of a UPS will protect RAID from becoming compromised due to loss of power.
The compact Lithium-ion UPS battery (14.4V 2000mAH 28.8Wh) is one of several unique features of the N5810PRO. Outfitted with the Intel Celeron quad-core J1900 processor and 5 LAN ports the N5810pro delivers phenomenal performance and supports robust backup solutions, cross-platform file sharing, and a comprehensive set of business solutions.
For more information about the N5810PRO, visit its product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- This monster USB hub charges up to 28 devices at once
- League of Legends table top game sets the mood for fun
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications