SideWinder X8 Mouse With BlueTrack Technology Available This Week at a Store Near You
Microsoft's first wireless gaming mouse brings BlueTrack Technology to gamers.
REDMOND, Wash. Feb. 24, 2009 The Microsoft SideWinder X8 Mouse, available on store shelves this week, offers a best-in-class tracking engine with Microsoft BlueTrack Technology and wireless freedom built for lag-free play. The newest mouse to join the SideWinder line, the SideWinder X8 offers the best frame rate, speed and acceleration on the market and a tracking range from 250 dots per inch (dpi) to 4,000 dpi, giving gamers ultimate control and precision.
"Many gamers have long desired a wireless gaming mouse that doesn't compromise on performance, and Microsoft delivers with the SideWinder X8 Mouse," said Bill Jukes, product marketing manager for Microsoft Hardware. "Combining the best tracking performance available with an innovative wireless solution, this mouse will change the way gamers perceive wireless performance."
The SideWinder X8 Mouse joins the Microsoft Explorer Mouse and Microsoft Explorer Mini Mouse as the first mice to use BlueTrack Technology - the world's most advanced tracking technology that works on virtually any surface.1 The Explorer Mouse and Explorer Mini Mouse were announced in September 2008 and are now widely available.
Innovation for Gaming Performance
The SideWinder X8 Mouse offers the following top features to deliver ultimate wireless gaming performance:
BlueTrack Technology. The world's most advanced tracking technology for gaming, with image processing of 13,000 frames per second, 75g maximum acceleration and 120 inches per second maximum speed.
2.4GHz wireless. The device is built for lag-free play with virtually no latency.
Play and charge. Get up to 30 hours of active gaming on a single charge, or use the play-and-charge cable for nonstop action. The winding cord management system offers easy charging - simply unwrap the cord from around the storage box and snap it onto the underside of the mouse.
Pricing and Availability
The SideWinder X8 Mouse is available this week for an estimated retail price of $99.95 (U.S.).2 More information about this and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.
About Microsoft Hardware
For more than 25 years, the Hardware Group has employed innovative engineering, cutting-edge industrial design and extensive usability testing to create products of exceptional quality and durability that enhance the software experience and strengthen the connection between consumers and their PC. Microsoft Hardware leads the industry in ergonomic engineering, industrial design and hardware/software compatibility, offering consumers an easier, more convenient and more enjoyable computing experience. In 2008, the Hardware Group debuted the world's most advanced tracking technology - BlueTrack Technology - allowing consumers to track on more surfaces than optical and laser mice. More information about the Hardware Group is available at http://www.mshardwareguide.com.
Latest News Posts
- Want realistic 3D? Microsoft HoloLens should be able to deliver
- Master Ethical Hacking - Save Over 90% On 6 In-Depth Courses
- G.SKILL announces two 'major extreme' OC events for Computex next week
- 48GB worth of Star Citizen assets leak online, swiftly removed
- Telemarketers and refs, lookout... robots coming for your jobs
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications