YouVisit today introduced two new apps into the Oculus Gear VR Store that increase by more than 1,000% the total number of virtual reality experiences available to users. The debut also makes New York City-based virtual reality technology innovator YouVisit the first and only company to date to launch two unique apps in the Oculus Store. Both apps are accessible for free.
- The "YouVisit Colleges" app enables users to discover and explore more than a thousand colleges and universities from around the world, including Yale, Harvard, and North-West University in South Africa.
- The "YouVisit Restaurants" virtual reality app allows users to step inside and explore hundreds of New York City's best restaurants, including iconic locations such as Tavern on the Green, Galli and Delmonico's.
- These two apps combined offer users more than 1,000 virtual reality experiences, enabling users to seamlessly navigate and interact with real-world virtual reality content.
"Becoming the first company to launch multiple apps in the Oculus Store is a testament to the scalability of our virtual reality platform and the quality of our virtual reality experiences," said Abi Mandelbaum, YouVisit's CEO and cofounder. "Consumers have an insatiable appetite for virtual reality, and we are happy to lead the way by enabling them to explore more than 1,000 interactive real-world virtual reality experiences."
YouVisit plans to launch more apps to give consumers direct access to interactive real-world experiences in multiple other industries, including travel, hospitality, real estate, entertainment, venues and events. YouVisit's virtual reality platform makes virtual reality content seamlessly available to consumers via the Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, and Google Cardboard headsets. For those that do not yet have headsets, the content is accessible as unique 360-degree web browser experiences on its website, http://www.youvisit.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers