GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and video cards, is proud to announce that its 100 Series of motherboards is the world's first to feature the new Intel USB 3.1 premium I/O controller onboard, for the best I/O solution over Type-C connector. The new Intel 6th Gen. Core processor ready motherboards from GIGABYTE sports Intel USB 3.1 premium I/O controller to offer more protocol compatibility than any other I/O controller, such as USB 3.1, and in the future, DisplayPort 1.2 connectivity and Thunderbolt 3. All of this is achieved over the new popular reversible Type-C connector, making connectivity widely compatible.
Using PCIe Gen.3 x4 lanes from the chipset and Display connectivity from the processor, the USB 3.1 controller from Intel is capable of delivering a total bandwidth of 40 Gb/s. When configured to handle dual USB 3.1 connectivity either through the Type-C or Type-A connector, this means the USB 3.1 controller can deliver true simultaneous and uninterrupted 10 Gb/s bandwidth over both ports, making GIGABYTE motherboards the best USB 3.1 solution.
Type-C Connector Reversible, Powerful and Versatile
More devices are now featuring the new Type-C connector, quickly making this a very popular solution for external storage mounting, monitor connectivity or even mobile device charging and connectivity. Featured on the soon to be released next generation of motherboards from GIGABYTE, the 100 Series, the new Type-C connector can be configured to support USB 3.1, which offers 10Gb/s transfer speeds and backward compatibility to USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices; future Thunderbolt 3 support, capable of handling ultrafast 40Gb/s transfer speed over a single wire for daisy chaining of up to 12 Thunderbolt devices as well as dual DisplayPort 1.2 capable 4K/60P monitors simultaneously.
To simplify the users' lives, the USB Type-C is also a reversible connector, an undeniable advantage when it comes to plugging in your devices to the back of your PC where visibility and ease of access is often limited. To top it all off, the controller supports USB Power Delivery 2.0, so that the USB Type-C can be used to power/charge your next generation devices such as Notebooks or Tablets.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications