TomTom (TOM2) today announces that it now enables car manufacturers to seamlessly extend the user experience from their in-dash navigation system to the digital world beyond the car. Smartphones, tablets, wearables and laptops can automatically sync with the car system, wherever end-users are.
This whole connected navigation experience is powered by future-proof cloud-based components, designed to be used by developers of embedded systems, mobile apps and web portals for the automotive industry. These modular components enable seamless navigation across different devices, all within a consistent OEM-branded universe. For example, pre-trip planning on a website, departure warnings on a wearable device and last-mile navigation on a smartphone can automatically synchronise with the in-car navigation system to offer a more personalised experience.
"We're delighted to announce that we now allow car makers, developers and third-parties to extend the reach of embedded navigation systems", said Jan-Maarten de Vries, VP Automotive Product Marketing at TomTom. "With TomTom's world-class technologies, OEMs can now offer a compelling, branded navigation experience on user devices."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives