TomTom (TOM2) today announces that it now enables car manufacturers to seamlessly extend the user experience from their in-dash navigation system to the digital world beyond the car. Smartphones, tablets, wearables and laptops can automatically sync with the car system, wherever end-users are.
This whole connected navigation experience is powered by future-proof cloud-based components, designed to be used by developers of embedded systems, mobile apps and web portals for the automotive industry. These modular components enable seamless navigation across different devices, all within a consistent OEM-branded universe. For example, pre-trip planning on a website, departure warnings on a wearable device and last-mile navigation on a smartphone can automatically synchronise with the in-car navigation system to offer a more personalised experience.
"We're delighted to announce that we now allow car makers, developers and third-parties to extend the reach of embedded navigation systems", said Jan-Maarten de Vries, VP Automotive Product Marketing at TomTom. "With TomTom's world-class technologies, OEMs can now offer a compelling, branded navigation experience on user devices."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- North Americans to spend most on mobile game purchases
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus