Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, is now sampling Crucial DDR4 2400MT/s 8Gb-based RDIMM, LRDIMM, and ECC UDIMM server modules through its Technology Enablement Program. Engineered to enable higher density modules, 8Gb-based DDR4 memory allows for increased performance, bandwidth, and energy efficiency.
Higher density modules, when combined with the next DDR4 speed increase of 2400MT/s, create greater channel bandwidth and channel density, as well as increased energy efficiency. Ultimately, these benefits provide more value per gigabit than current 4Gb-based offerings. Taken together, the increase in density, bandwidth, and value deliver a lower total cost of ownership for users.
"Our 8Gb-based modules will enable the next-generation of energy efficient servers to more readily keep up with the ever-increasing memory density and bandwidth demands of virtualisation, HPC, and big data applications," said Michael Moreland, worldwide product marketing manager, Crucial. "These modules can play a significant role in nearly any server strategy, no matter whether it is a new installation of a single server or the scale-up or scale-out of an existing deployment."
Designed for the next-generation processor product families, Crucial 8Gb-based server memory is extensively tested to mission-critical standards and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. The Technology Enablement Program provides channel partners who are currently developing or evaluating DDR4-capable platforms early access to Crucial DDR4 8Gb-based RDIMMs, LRDIMMs, and ECC UDIMMs. The new modules are expected to be available in late July and will be included in the Reliance Program.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse