Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its ANX74xx product family that integrates all the elements needed to implement the new USB-C standard. Ideal for smartphones, tablets, notebooks and wearables, a single chip contains a cable configuration controller, a port controller and manager, and a high-speed switch for USB 3 and DisplayPort. In addition, the high-speed switch includes patent-pending circuits to reduce signal attenuation so that no external redriver is required in the USB-C system.
"Over time, the full-featured USB-C cable will replace HDMI cables, and indeed all USB cables, to become the ubiquitous way to transfer power, data and video. With all the integration present in our ANX74xx, no additional chips are needed to implement USB-C, allowing device makers to reduce their design footprint, bill of materials, and time to market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "Moreover, with the ANX74xx manufacturers benefit from unified hardware and software across the full range of device form factors, which makes Analogix the one-stop shop for all USB-C implementations."
The USB-C connector offers comprehensive functionality including the following configurations:
- Power delivery: USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) - up to 100W battery charging
- Data transfer: SuperSpeed USB (USB 3) - up to USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps
- Video: DisplayPort Alternate Mode - supports resolutions up to 4K UHD and even 8K.
Each of the above configurations can be implemented with a single-chip as follows:
- ANX7428, optimal for X86 based notebooks - 4 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7418, optimal for ARM based smartphones, tablets and action cameras - 2 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode with SlimPort® transmitter, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7408 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7409 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller
- ANX7401 - USB-C Port Controller with Power Delivery
- ANX7403 - USB-C Port Controller.
The product line-up is currently sampling and partner reference designs are available to facilitate and accelerate time to market.
ANX74xx is being demonstrated at Computex 2015, Analogix exhibitor suite # 1143 & 1144 at The Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017