Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its ANX74xx product family that integrates all the elements needed to implement the new USB-C standard. Ideal for smartphones, tablets, notebooks and wearables, a single chip contains a cable configuration controller, a port controller and manager, and a high-speed switch for USB 3 and DisplayPort. In addition, the high-speed switch includes patent-pending circuits to reduce signal attenuation so that no external redriver is required in the USB-C system.
"Over time, the full-featured USB-C cable will replace HDMI cables, and indeed all USB cables, to become the ubiquitous way to transfer power, data and video. With all the integration present in our ANX74xx, no additional chips are needed to implement USB-C, allowing device makers to reduce their design footprint, bill of materials, and time to market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "Moreover, with the ANX74xx manufacturers benefit from unified hardware and software across the full range of device form factors, which makes Analogix the one-stop shop for all USB-C implementations."
The USB-C connector offers comprehensive functionality including the following configurations:
- Power delivery: USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) - up to 100W battery charging
- Data transfer: SuperSpeed USB (USB 3) - up to USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps
- Video: DisplayPort Alternate Mode - supports resolutions up to 4K UHD and even 8K.
Each of the above configurations can be implemented with a single-chip as follows:
- ANX7428, optimal for X86 based notebooks - 4 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7418, optimal for ARM based smartphones, tablets and action cameras - 2 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode with SlimPort® transmitter, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7408 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7409 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller
- ANX7401 - USB-C Port Controller with Power Delivery
- ANX7403 - USB-C Port Controller.
The product line-up is currently sampling and partner reference designs are available to facilitate and accelerate time to market.
ANX74xx is being demonstrated at Computex 2015, Analogix exhibitor suite # 1143 & 1144 at The Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards