SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today launched two new, USB 3.0 flash drives - the 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive, the world's smallest USB 3.0; and the 256GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive, SanDisk's highest capacity USB flash drive to-date. The new offerings enhance SanDisk's award-winning USB line-up with impressive capacities and performance, delivering speeds up to 10 times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive. With these higher capacities, consumers can now save more of their favorite videos, photos and music on their laptops, TVs, gaming consoles or other entertainment systems.
"The quality of content consumers create and consume continues to increase, generating higher demand for more sophisticated digital storage," said Philippe Willams, director of product marketing, SanDisk. "With remarkable USB 3.0 speed and compact designs, our new high-capacity USBs let users enjoy even more of their favorite content without having to even think about running out of space. SanDisk is constantly engaging in new ways to leverage our flash memory expertise and deliver innovative, reliable solutions that really make a difference in consumers' daily lives."
World's Smallest 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
The award-winning SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive now comes in capacities up to 128GB, capable of storing up to 16 hours of Full HD video in a package smaller than a dime. Featuring a low-profile, plug-and-stay design, this tiny flash drive delivers impressive capacity combined with high transfer speeds for media enthusiasts who want to expand storage of their notebook, tablet, TV, in-car audio system, gaming console and more. SanDisk doubled the capacity of the SanDisk Ultra Fit USB product within a year from its initial launch of the 64GB capacity, to meet growing consumer demand to keep more content on their systems. The new drive also delivers exceptional performance. The 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive provides blazing speeds of up to 130MB/s. This speed allows users to move content up to 10 times faster than with standard USB 2.0 drives, such as transferring a full-length movie in less 40 seconds.
SanDisk's Highest Capacity USB Flash Drive Ever
The sleek SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive, a popular choice for moving massive files quickly, now comes in capacities up to 256GB. SanDisk's first-ever USB offering to achieve 256GB capacity was designed to meet consumers' demand for more digital storage. They can now carry all of their favorite media, including high-resolution photos, MP3s, videos, presentations, and graphic files, in one small, portable device. With transfer speeds of up to 100MB/s, the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive reduces the time spent waiting for files to move from the flash drive to the computer. Similar to the SanDisk Ultra Fit 3.0 Flash Drive, it can move large files up to ten times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive.
SanDisk's new USB 3.0 offerings feature a five-year warranty; include SanDisk SecureAccess software to keep private files safe with password protection and 128-bit encryption5; and come with a year's subscription to RescuePRO software6 to recover lost or corrupted files.
Pricing and Availability
The 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive is priced at an MSRP of $119.99, and the 256GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 is priced at an MSRP of $199.99.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card