The Immersive Education Initiative today announced that Aaron E. Walsh, founding director of the organization and Boston College faculty, will deliver the opening keynote address at IMMERSION 2015 in Paris this September. Walsh, a world-renowned expert in immersion and immersive technologies, coined the term "Immersive Education" and established the field of Immersive Education.
Named one of the most innovative people in the Information Technology (IT) industry by Computerworld, the premier source of news and analysis for the IT industry, Walsh has been featured in a number of leading technology and mainstream publications, including Newsweek and Newsweek International.
He has been featured by Entrepreneur magazine, CBS Interactive's business technology news service, and was recently interviewed by Larry King about the staggering applications of 3D printing and the technology's potential to change the world - for better and worse.
His opening IMMERSION 2015 keynote address, The Age of Immersion, will address the personal and cultural impact of immersion and immersive technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), simulations, video games, neurogaming, immersive caves and domes, 3D printing and robotics. His provocative keynote will shine a light on "Immersive Illness," a term that describes mental health issues (such as addiction, alienation, and mental schisms) that may be exhibited by a certain percentage of the population upon prolonged exposure to immersive experiences.
Disney, Google, Smithsonian, and the United States Department of the Interior (DOI) National Parks Service keynotes and workshops will compliment Walsh's opening address at IMMERSION 2015.
For more information visit http://summit.ImmersiveEducation.org
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available