Ghost Games, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, announced today the return of Need for Speed in a full reboot of this storied franchise. The game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.
"Need for Speed is one of the most iconic names in gaming, and we're returning it to greatness in this reboot," said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games. "Pulling on our 20 years of history, and then taking a year out from releasing a game, we are making the game we've always wanted to. We're listening to the fans and delivering an experience that will capture their imagination and unleash their passion for cars and speed."
Fuelled by EA's own car culture community, Speedhunters (www.speedhunters.com), Need for Speed will deliver an experience that's grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the rich world of past, present and emergent trends of the urban car scene. This collaboration with Speedhunters in the research and development of the game means the level of detail and real-world authenticity will envelop gamers in an exciting world to discover and enjoy in a way that only Need for Speed can deliver.
Need for Speed will launch worldwide in Fall 2015 on Origin for PC , PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. To join the Need for Speed conversation please visit https://www.Facebook.com/NeedforSpeed, follow us on Twitter® at https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed. Press assets for Need for Speed are available at http://info.ea.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017