Ghost Games, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, announced today the return of Need for Speed in a full reboot of this storied franchise. The game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.
"Need for Speed is one of the most iconic names in gaming, and we're returning it to greatness in this reboot," said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games. "Pulling on our 20 years of history, and then taking a year out from releasing a game, we are making the game we've always wanted to. We're listening to the fans and delivering an experience that will capture their imagination and unleash their passion for cars and speed."
Fuelled by EA's own car culture community, Speedhunters (www.speedhunters.com), Need for Speed will deliver an experience that's grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the rich world of past, present and emergent trends of the urban car scene. This collaboration with Speedhunters in the research and development of the game means the level of detail and real-world authenticity will envelop gamers in an exciting world to discover and enjoy in a way that only Need for Speed can deliver.
Need for Speed will launch worldwide in Fall 2015 on Origin for PC , PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. To join the Need for Speed conversation please visit https://www.Facebook.com/NeedforSpeed, follow us on Twitter® at https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed. Press assets for Need for Speed are available at http://info.ea.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway - UPDATE
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers