The Nexus portal will soon be transporting the greatest Heroes of the Storm players in the world to a new battleground-BlizzCon ®! Blizzard Entertainment today announced the first-ever global tournament series for its brand-new free-to-play online team brawler . The competition will feature regional championship tournaments for the Americas, Europe, China, Korea, and Taiwan regions, with the top eight teams duking it out at the Heroes of the Storm World Championship at BlizzCon on November 6-7 in Anaheim.
The stakes are high, with a total prize pool of over $1.2 million in cash and prizes-including $500,000 at BlizzCon. The world champion team will walk away with $200,000-and bragging rights as the best Heroes of the Storm players in the world.
The Road to BlizzCon kicks off later this month with a tournament in China, and similar events will be taking place in the Americas (including North America, Latin America, Southeast Asia, as well as Australia and New Zealand), Europe, Korea, and Taiwan regions in the weeks ahead. Everyone is encouraged to gather a team and compete in their local tournament. Details on how to sign up, as well as further event-related news, will be posted on http://www.heroesofthestorm.com .
"We're excited to kick off the inaugural Heroes of the Storm tournament series, and we can't wait to see the best teams start to distinguish themselves in battle," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the world championships for StarCraft II, World of Warcraft Arena, Hearthstone, and now Heroes of the Storm underway, 2015 is shaping up to be a great year for eSports fans."
Officially launching June 2, Heroes of the Storm brings together a diverse cast of iconic characters from Blizzard's far-flung realms of science fiction and fantasy, including the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo ® universes, and challenges them to compete in epic, adrenaline-charged battles. Players can choose from more than 35 Blizzard heroes and customize them to suit their play style, and then team up with friends to fight across 7 dynamic Battlegrounds-with more heroes and Battlegrounds on the way. The game features a variety of gameplay modes for players of every skill level, including a Versus A.I. mode, in which players face computer-controlled opponents, and highly competitive draft-style ranked play.
Stay tuned to http://www.heroesofthestorm.com for further news on the Heroes of the Storm World Championship tournament series, including details on how to sign up. You can also watch the tournament action unfold live on Twitch ( http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes ).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design