Be quiet!, the market leader in PC power supplies in Germany for nine consecutive years, presents the new Dark Power Pro 11 series in the 850 to 1200 watt range. The latest generation of this high-end PSU now consistently reaches an efficiency of the 80 PLUS Platinum standard and delivers the highest performance for absolute best-in-class systems, with up to four video cards. The Dark Power series was improved thanks to the proven and virtually inaudible SilentWings 3 fans and technical optimizations. As a result, be quiet! offers once again, one of the most advanced power supplies with top technology.
All Dark Power Pro 11 models offer an efficiency of up to 94 percent and thus, carry the 80PLUS Platinum certificate. be quiet! achieved this by improving upon the already powerful "Full Bridge + LLC + SR + DC/DC" topology. For example, the PSU now includes two parallel main transformers, resulting in lower heat emission and a higher efficiency. On top of this, its lower design makes room for better ventilation on the side of the power supply. The capacity of the 4 output capacitors on the 12V-rails has been increased from 2,200 to 3,300 microfarads. With a total of 39 Solid Caps and a new PFC capacitor, any noise that could be induced by the extreme load charges that a video card might place on the power supply, is minimized.
SilentWings 3 for virtually inaudible operation
To make the Dark Power Pro 11 even quieter than the previous generation, be quiet! builts in SilentWings 3 fans, which are already used with much success in the Straight Power 10 series. The 135 millimetre fan has a durable fluid dynamic bearing and a modern six-pole motor with IC-control for guaranteed smooth operation, even at lower speeds. More so, the SilentWings 3 has a low startup rotational speed of 250 rpm. In addition, a large, funnel-shaped vent improves air intake and stabilizes airflow in the power supply. Thanks to these changes, the new Dark Power Pro 11 models work even quieter than its predecessors.
Proven feature set
All the innovative features of the Dark Power Pro 10 can be found in the new generation of this high-end power supply as well. Each watt class provides four ports for external fans that are driven via an additional temperature sensor and dedicated circuit. Moreover, every Dark Power Pro 11 model can be used in single or multi-rail mode by using the Overclocking Key. The rubber case lining for optimal decoupling and the semi-modular cable management are also back. And as usual, be quiet! has selected high-quality Japanese premium capacitors with a 105-degree Celsius certification for maximum reliability of the new top PSU models.
The Dark Power Pro 11 is available for retail immediately at a suggested retail price of $199/£161/€225 (850 watt), $239/£186/€259 (1000 watt) and $279/£207/€289 (1200 watt). Buyers of these high-end power supplies receive a five-year warranty and free 48-hour on-site replacement service in the first 12 months. The Dark Power Pro 11 series will be extended with lower-wattage models in August.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017