Be quiet!, the market leader in PC power supplies in Germany for nine consecutive years, presents the new Dark Power Pro 11 series in the 850 to 1200 watt range. The latest generation of this high-end PSU now consistently reaches an efficiency of the 80 PLUS Platinum standard and delivers the highest performance for absolute best-in-class systems, with up to four video cards. The Dark Power series was improved thanks to the proven and virtually inaudible SilentWings 3 fans and technical optimizations. As a result, be quiet! offers once again, one of the most advanced power supplies with top technology.
All Dark Power Pro 11 models offer an efficiency of up to 94 percent and thus, carry the 80PLUS Platinum certificate. be quiet! achieved this by improving upon the already powerful "Full Bridge + LLC + SR + DC/DC" topology. For example, the PSU now includes two parallel main transformers, resulting in lower heat emission and a higher efficiency. On top of this, its lower design makes room for better ventilation on the side of the power supply. The capacity of the 4 output capacitors on the 12V-rails has been increased from 2,200 to 3,300 microfarads. With a total of 39 Solid Caps and a new PFC capacitor, any noise that could be induced by the extreme load charges that a video card might place on the power supply, is minimized.
SilentWings 3 for virtually inaudible operation
To make the Dark Power Pro 11 even quieter than the previous generation, be quiet! builts in SilentWings 3 fans, which are already used with much success in the Straight Power 10 series. The 135 millimetre fan has a durable fluid dynamic bearing and a modern six-pole motor with IC-control for guaranteed smooth operation, even at lower speeds. More so, the SilentWings 3 has a low startup rotational speed of 250 rpm. In addition, a large, funnel-shaped vent improves air intake and stabilizes airflow in the power supply. Thanks to these changes, the new Dark Power Pro 11 models work even quieter than its predecessors.
Proven feature set
All the innovative features of the Dark Power Pro 10 can be found in the new generation of this high-end power supply as well. Each watt class provides four ports for external fans that are driven via an additional temperature sensor and dedicated circuit. Moreover, every Dark Power Pro 11 model can be used in single or multi-rail mode by using the Overclocking Key. The rubber case lining for optimal decoupling and the semi-modular cable management are also back. And as usual, be quiet! has selected high-quality Japanese premium capacitors with a 105-degree Celsius certification for maximum reliability of the new top PSU models.
The Dark Power Pro 11 is available for retail immediately at a suggested retail price of $199/£161/€225 (850 watt), $239/£186/€259 (1000 watt) and $279/£207/€289 (1200 watt). Buyers of these high-end power supplies receive a five-year warranty and free 48-hour on-site replacement service in the first 12 months. The Dark Power Pro 11 series will be extended with lower-wattage models in August.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook