Hi-Rez Studios today announced that its action MOBA game SMITE, the online Battleground of the Gods, has entered its closed beta testing phase on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system for Microsoft. As SMITE readies for a full launch later this year, players who have taken part in the alpha phase or have been selected for closed beta will be treated to a host of new updates, features, content and Xbox One exclusives that deliver a complete experience competitively designed for console play.
SMITE's in-game marketplace is now live on Xbox One, allowing players to buy Gems, SMITE's in-game currency, to acquire new Gods, cosmetic skins and more. Players can also now purchase the SMITE Founder's Pack, which provides instant access to the closed beta. The bundle retails for $39.95 AUD and includes more than $60 worth of content, including: every God currently in the game (63 so far) and all Gods still to come in the future; 400 Gems; and two exclusive skins - Ares "Soldier of War" and the Limited Ymir "Cacodemon X" skin. The Founder's Pack is only available for a limited time and will be discontinued when the game launches on Xbox One later this year. All purchases, progress and achievements earned in closed beta will transfer seamlessly into the launch version.
Hi-Rez Studios is also offering PC players a one-time account merge option to copy select progress and items from their SMITE PC accounts to their Xbox One accounts. Players who choose to link their accounts will receive a free Zeus Xbox skin for both platforms. For more information about the process, as well as the Founder's Pack, check out the Founder's Pack and Account Transfer FAQ at http://portal.smitegame.com/knowledgebase/articles/563127.
SMITE, which quickly took the PC gaming world by storm as a top eSports franchise, is the first MOBA to grace the Xbox One, where it has been in alpha since March. SMITE features a rich and constantly growing pantheon of playable Gods, expertly tuned to a variety of combat styles, with an engaging third-person camera that brings players right into the action. The game rewards fast reflexes, strategic thinking and teamwork, offering a variety of different modes to suit a range of player tastes, from traditional 5v5 multi-lane battles to smaller, single-path jousts and wide-open arenas.
Players can still sign up for SMITE closed beta access on Xbox One at http://www.SmiteGame.com/Xbox. SMITE is scheduled to officially launch on Xbox One later this year. For more information about SMITE for Xbox One, please visit the FAQ at http://portal.smitegame.com/knowledgebase/articles/534883.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse