CoolIT Systems, Inc., the leading provider in Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) solutions, today announced that it has been named as one of four 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' in a May 6, 2015 analyst report by Gartner, the world's leading information technology research and advisory company.
The report is part of an annual series of research reports, in which Gartner analyst's offer insight on a variety of innovative and impactful IT solutions and evaluate "Cool Vendors" in key areas of technology.
The 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' report "highlights four emerging vendors offering products designed to help infrastructure and operations leaders and data center managers to monitor, manage and control energy use and other critical data center resources."
Key report findings include:
- As energy demands and density continue to increase in the data center, infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders and data center managers are looking for new solutions, such as liquid cooling systems, as options.
- Liquid cooling solutions are more cost-effective than traditional air cooling solutions as power-per-rack-density increases (beyond 20 kilowatts per rack, for example).
The Gartner report evaluated that "CoolIT Systems should be of interest to those who manage IT and/or facilities for high-performance computing environments and Web-scale data centers, especially customers with ambitions for higher heat densities."
"We consider our inclusion in Gartner's 'Cool Vendors' report a major confirmation of CoolIT's success in providing innovative and energy efficient solutions that address today's data center challenges," said Geoff Lyon, CoolIT Systems CEO & CTO. "This recognition from Gartner highlights the contributions CoolIT has been making to advance data center performance with Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards