Frostburn Studios, a subsidiary of Garena Online, announced today that it will be the new official game developer for Heroes of Newerth (HoN), the popular online multiplayer game. With over 30 million registered gamers, the current HoN development team will be seamlessly integrated into Frostburn Studios, to ensure minimal impact on user experience and game continuity.
The announcement coincides with HoN's fifth anniversary, with long-time HoN veteran Brad Bower heading up the newly established Frostburn Studios. His focus will be on establishing deeper community engagements and delivering quality in-game experiences, to better serve HoN's growing gamer base.
Following the acquisition, Garena will hand over the reins to Frostburn Studios, and continue to provide strategic advice to the team. This will give Frostburn Studios full autonomy over the game's operations and upcoming initiatives. Under Frostburn Studio's management, HoN fans will also experience a more interactive and intensive gaming environment with large-scale tournaments, increased game stability and more in-game features. To better serve the community's needs, Frostburn Studios has further bolstered its team of seasoned, passionate and talented professionals from the industry.
"We're delighted that Heroes of Newerth has found a new home with us at Frostburn Studios. Garena has a great track record of helping established game titles achieve their fullest potential, while still retaining the core values and spirit that made them unique. Garena's traditional strength has also been in helping games scale up their success, and we're confident that with their support, Frostburn Studios can take HoN's popularity to a whole new level," said Brad Bower, Studio Director of Frostburn Studios.
"We found a lot of synergy in how Garena and HoN work, and are extremely excited to welcome them to the Garena family. Having achieved immense growth within Asia, we are striving to extend HoN's success to America and Europe." said Mars Zhou, Senior Director of Garena Online.
"After working with Garena and witnessing the success we had with HoN in Southeast Asia, I couldn't be more confident in Heroes of Newerth's future," said Marc DeForst, CEO of S2 Games. "Heroes of Newerth will always have a special place in my heart and I know the dedicated staff at Frostburn Studios will continue to give the game the love and passion it deserves."
To celebrate HoN's fifth anniversary, Frostburn Studios has also introduced a variety of new in-game features such as new game mode and new heroes, to provide additional rewards and excitement for HoN gamers.
About Frostburn Studios
Born in the heart of Kalamazoo, Michigan, Frostburn Studios is a game development and publishing studio with a mission to deliver the most comprehensive and enjoyable gaming experiences. The tight-knit team comprises some of the industry's brightest and most inquisitive minds.
With a commitment to integrity and respect, Frostburn is determined to create a level playing field for gamers from all walks of life. The passionate team also places a strong emphasis on ethical gaming practices, and is devoted to the welfare of those who support them and proponents of video games as a force for good.
Frostburn Studios seeks to serve the community and redefine gaming experiences for all.
For more information, visit http://www.frostburnstudios.com.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning