Mobile game developers could win a publishing deal equivalent to $50,000 in a competition launched as part of the Unsung Heroes initiative by Spil Games today.
In the first phase of Unsung Heroes, we heard from game developers about how tough it is to get an audience in the app stores. Now we want to begin to do something about that.
We want to persuade gamers to play a wider variety of games because they're missing some real gems. The Unsung Heroes Competition will help us to make that point.
We want developers to let us know about the games they think merit a larger audience, to tell us their stories and to convince us that the games deserve to be given a chance. Everyone is a winner because, just by entering the competition, developers will get more attention for their games.
For the best game, we'll be awarding a publishing contract equivalent to $50,000 in marketing and support. This game will be marketed to a massive audience around the world, including Spil Games' 130 million unique monthly users. We will help with writing and optimizing app-store descriptions, monetize to improve revenue generation and localize to ensure the winning game reaches a global audience. The game will also attract all the publicity that goes with being a competition winner.
"We had a huge response to Unsung Heroes when we launched it at Casual Connect in February," says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games. "Developers really got what we were trying to do. With this competition, we're taking things to the next level and demonstrating our commitment to finding an audience for their awesome mobile games."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni