HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced HyperX Savage, its next-generation SATA Rev. 3 (6Gb/s) SSD. HyperX Savage is powered by the Phison S10 quad-core, eight-channel controller delivering incredible read/write speeds for both compressible and incompressible data, as well as high IOPS. It replaces the highly successful HyperX 3K SSD.
HyperX Savage is the fastest SATA-based SSD in the HyperX family. With sequential speeds of up to 560MB/s read and 530MB/s write, and IOPS of up to 100,000 read and 89,000 write, HyperX Savage offers higher performance, ultra-responsive multitasking and an overall faster system. It features an eye-catching red steel and aluminum case with a low profile to fit most notebooks, desktops and small-form factor PC builds. This new design continues the HyperX trend as a leader in stylish gaming products.
"We are proud to introduce the HyperX Savage as our latest and fastest SATA-based SSD," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "The HyperX 3K drive has been a core part of our SSD offerings since 2012, and now with Savage, we are unleashing even higher performance and capacities to satisfy the most demanding consumers, enthusiasts and gamers."
HyperX Savage is available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities. It is sold as a stand-alone SSD or with an upgrade bundle kit that includes a 2.5″ USB 3.0 enclosure, 3.5″ bracket and mounting screws, SATA data cable, hard drive cloning software5, multi-bit screwdriver and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter. The drive is available at Tiger Direct, Rakuten, Newegg and Amazon.
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology, encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, headsets and gaming accessories. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 20 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack, gamescom and PAX.
HyperX Savage SSD Features and Benefits:
- Performance: incredible speeds for enhanced productivity
- Unique design: stunning red casing to give an edge to the latest PC hardware
- Slim: 7mm thickness to fit in most desktops and notebooks
- Fast and easy migration: all-in-one kit available with premium HyperX accessories, including a handy multi-kit screwdriver and USB 3.0 enclosure for easy installation
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) - with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- o 120GB: Up to 560 MB/s reads with up to 360 MB/s writes
- o 240GB, 480GB, 960GB: Up to 560 MB/s reads with up to 530 MB/s writes
- Controller: Phison PS3110-S10
- Power Consumption: 0.39W Idle / 0.5W Avg. / 1.4W (MAX) Read / 4.35W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40C~85C
- Operating temperature: 0C~70C
- Dimensions: 100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB: 96g
- 960GB: 92g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
o 120GB: 113TB 0.89 DWPD
o 240GB: 306TB 1.19 DWPD
o 480GB: 416TB 0.81 DWPD
o 960GB: 681TB 0.66 DWPD
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4