Rapoo, one of the world's leading manufacturers of peripherals in the wireless segment and the first manufacturer of products featuring 5 GHz wireless technology, holds an impressive 42% market share in China. Today, it proudly launches its new V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. VPRO Gaming Labs, Rapoo's dedicated specialist department backed up by a 120-strong R&D team and one of Asia's most cutting-edge production facilities, has revised the V800 specifically for the European market - and now the final details about the V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard are ready for release.
The V800 has ultra-durable switches thanks to VPRO Gaming Labs choice of yellow Kailh switches from Kaihua Electronics. These advanced switches ensure keystrokes feel the same throughout their lifespan of up to 60 million operations. With a 2 mm activation point and 50 g operating force the keys offer an ultra-fast response speed, even in the heat of battle. But this isn't the only area where VPRO Gaming Labs' focus is on offering maximum quality: Both the materials as well as the finish meet the highest standards. Among the revisions made for the European market, the keyboard has a matt coating. This non-slip material offers more grip and is less prone to finger marks. All five dedicated macro keys (G1-G5) on the left-hand side of the keyboard can also be customized for lightning-fast access to macros.
5 profiles including Gaming Mode button
Each of the 5 profiles can be customized to suit the gamer's preferences and are conveniently stored in the V800's 2 MB of onboard memory. As a really special feature, VPRO developed the Gaming Mode. This allows easy toggling between game and Windows settings. For instance, pressing the Gaming Mode button deactivates the Windows function keys automatically.
Multi-level backlighting system for top-secret night-time missions
All the keys on the V800 are backlit. This offers total control over the keyboard even in total darkness. The multi-level key illumination function offers five backlighting modes. A dedicated backlighting button on the top-right of the keyboard means it's easy to adjust the brightness level. The V800 also has an additional feature: "Breathing" mode. When selected, the keyboard takes control of the backlighting, smoothly fading the lighting in and out.
Customizable keys and rapid input processing
109 of the 113 keys on the V800 are individually programmable, including with self-recorded and precisely timed macros. These can be recorded and edited in a flash using the supplied Macro Manager included in the driver.
The computing power required for rapid input processing is provided by the V-Power3 Gaming Chip which packs a 60 MHz 32-bit ARM Core processor. This makes the keyboard a truly customized tool which responds to every key press and executes every command at breakneck speed.
Anti-ghosting and online live-update
The V800's anti-ghosting function builds on the V700, allowing simultaneous execution of multiple commands regardless of how many keys are pressed at the same time. The driver's online live-update feature informs the user automatically about new firmware and driver updates.
Maximum sturdiness & stability + dimensions
The V800 is housed in a tough casing which makes the keyboard incredibly sturdy. Here too, VPRO has improved the stability of the V800 compared to the V700. The revised fold-out keyboard legs, finished with a rubberized coating, grip most surfaces ensuring the keyboard remains rooted to the spot. The V800 measures in at 506 Ã- 180 Ã- 40 mm and weighs 1510 g. The braided USB cable is 2 m long and doesn't get tangled up while the keyboard is being carried around thanks to the additional transport clip. This killer package is rounded off by a 1000 Hz USB polling rate plus gold-plated USB connector.
Availability and pricing
The V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is available now for an MSRP of 119.00.
- 113 mechanical keys, 109 programmable keys
- 5 dedicated macro keys
- Multi-level backlighting system with 5 modes
- Gaming Mode/Standard Mode button
- 1000 Hz USB Polling Rate
- 2 mm Key Travel Distance
- 50 g Operating Force
- V-Power3 Gaming Chip (32-bit ARM core)
- 2MB onboard memory
- USB Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Gold-plated USB connector
- 2 m braided USB Cable
- Transport Clip
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism