HP today introduced technology advancements designed to help artists, creatives and developers more quickly and efficiently bring designs and products to life. "As the leader in the workstation industry, we continue to develop customer inspired innovative solutions that solve real-world business needs," said Jeff Wood, vice president of product management, Workstation & Thin Client Business, HP. "Solving the storage bottleneck, delivering a light full-performance mobile workstation and allowing creative professional advanced visual solutions will bolster customer design workflows."
The new products:
- HP Z Turbo Drive G2: Super-charged storage solution featuring the world's first PC/workstation PCIe NVMe SSDs to process large data sets ultra-fast.
- HP OMEN Pro Mobile Workstation: Stylish and light, full-performance mobile workstation for product development, architecture, engineering & construction and media & entertainment applications.
- HP DreamColor Z32x Display: Color-accurate 31.5-inch diagonal, 4K, 8-million pixel display.
- HP Ultra-Narrow Bezel Z27n, Z25n, Z24n, Z24nf and Z24nq Displays: Striking, borderless displays that are factory color-calibrated and provide flexible connectivity for a seamless multi-display setup.
HP Z Turbo Drive Delivers Optimized Storage for Workstation Workflows
The HP Z Turbo Drive allows workstation users to super-charge productivity and creativity of workflows. The HP Z Turbo Drive G2 PCIe SSD, powered by Samsung NVMe technology, delivers four times traditional SATA SSD performance at a cost that's remarkably similar. It utilizes the new NVMe protocol, designed from the ground up for flash technology, to achieve more than twice the performance of its G1 predecessor. The second generation HP Z Turbo Drive attains ultra-fast I/O response to process large data sets. HP Z840, Z640 and Z440 desktop workstations can be easily expanded by integrating the high-performance HP Z Turbo Drive G2 with high capacity SATA HDDs and SSDs.
"When working at 4K resolutions, hard drive and storage performance are key," said Danny Holland, post-production supervisor, Brain Farm Digital Cinema. "The HP Z Turbo Drive delivers astonishing power and speed at a lower cost." Brain Farm, an award-wining entertainment and production company, has been a Mac-centric facility until HP's Z Workstations were introduced as part of the workflow.
HP OMEN Pro - A Stylish, Sleek and Light Full-performance Mobile Workstation
The HP OMEN Pro packs all the performance expected from an HP Mobile Workstation, 4th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processors,2 Windows 7,3 HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe storage and professional NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics. The OMEN Pro also features a backlit keyboard and full-HD touch panel and a sleek 19.9 mm thin design at 4.68 pounds.
HP OMEN Pro is a full performance mobile workstation that is custom tailored to commercial workstation users and mobile professionals that leverages the same innovative stylish industrial design as the OMEN gaming laptop. HP OMEN Pro can run fully ISV-certified product development, AEC and media & entertainment applications and has complete compatibility between hardware and software that is stable and designed to perform.
Larger DreamColor Display Delivers Color-Critical Correctness
Digital artists and creatives will enjoy the 31.5-inch diagonal, 4K UHD display that enhances viewing of detailed information in amazing, accurate color of the HP DreamColor Z32x Display. The award-winning HP DreamColor technology provides exceptional color precision and consistency straight out of the box on a wide 10-bit color spectrum sRGB/BT.709/AdobeRGB (100/100/99.5 percent color coverage). Fast and easy hardware recalibration is achieved with either the HP DreamColor solution or the Klein Instruments K10-A.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honored the HP DreamColor Display and its developers with the Scientific and Engineering Award for the impact it's made in film, providing affordable, consistent and stable color throughout the film production process. Fully loaded with the latest digital connectivity, including HDMI 2.0, the HP Z32x connects any type of device for the best performance. It has 4-way, customizable tilt, height adjustment, swivel, and pivot settings to adjust from landscape to portrait.
HP Ultra-Narrow Bezel
The HP ultra-narrow bezel display family exhibit striking, borderless, high-definition panels that are factory color-calibrated and provide flexible connectivity for a seamless multi-display setup. The models HP Z27n (quad-HD), Z25n (quad-HD), Z24n (16:10 aspect ratio), Z24nf (full-HD), and Z24nq (quad-HD), offer edge-to-edge viewing experiences to enhance productivity.
These HP Z Displays are color-calibrated from the very first time the display is powered on, and offer flexible connectivity to daisy-chain up to four displays, and offer picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture functionality. All models provide an adjustable swivel, tilt, height, and pivot stand. The displays can be used side-by-side either in landscape or portrait mode.
Price and Availability
- HP Z Turbo Drive is expected to be available starting in June. The drive will launch with two capacities available, 256 GB and 512 GB, priced at $399 and $699, respectively. 4
- The HP OMEN Pro is available now starting at $2199.
- HP Z32x DreamColor Display is planned to be available this summer. Pricing available upon request.
- The ultra-narrow bezel display planned availability begins in June and pricing is as follows: HP Z24n - $379, HP Z25n - $429, Z27n - $649, Z24nf - $299 and the Z24nq - $379.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4