Organizers of Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR), a software platform designed to set an open standard for virtual reality devices, today released the OSVR Hacker Developer Kit (HDK) production file and the OSVR development roadmap.
The OSVR HDK is a hackable head-mounted display offering high-quality optics that work to reduce distortion in virtual environments. Any user can view production files of the OSVR HDK and the developer roadmap, streamlining the efforts of those that want to make their own hardware based on its design.
"With the release of the OSVR development roadmap, the process for creating new VR hardware and software on the platform can be accelerated significantly," says Michael Lee, VP of software at Razer. "We welcome the support of VR enthusiasts everywhere."
Additionally, OSVR partners announced eight new supporting partners and seven additional universities joining the coalition. OSVR has now grown to over 90 supporting companies and research institutes since its launch in January.
"OSVR offers variety and choice in peripherals, programming models and now hardware designs, all fueled by our diverse partner base and the ingenuity in the open-source community," says Yuval Boger, CEO at Sensics, a founding contributor to OSVR. "We look forward to working with the community to provide additional game engine plugins, hardware interfaces, and intelligent real-time analysis capabilities."
Interested developers can learn more here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017