MSI's AM2+ motherboards are completely compatible with AMD AM3 processors
Taipei, Taiwan] Global motherboard and graphics card producer, MSI had already announced its AMD AM2+ series of motherboards could already support the all new AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processors before AMD's new AM3 processors had reached the markets. After purchase, customers only need to update the new BIOS, and don't have purchase any new hardware, should they desire to switch and enjoy either AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processing power. The all new AM3 processor, not only has an even higher frequency and fast L3 cache, it also can support both DDR3 and DDR2 memory. Coupled with an all-new C1E energy saving functionality, this new processor proven to have even greater performance and energy saving capabilities. Additionally, the AM3's advanced architecture also enhances its overclocking prowess to make this processor forward-looking customers' weapon of choice for the future era of performance.
In order to best meet customers expectations about AM3's advancement, MSI not only ensured that its AM2+ motherboard's BIOS could support the latest AM3 CPU, was also the first company to provide its customers with BIOS supporting AM2+/AM3 Phenom II processors solution. This solution allows consumers to make better use of already owned motherboard and enjoy the improved performance of this next generation of processors.
Take full advantage of AM3's capabilities
Of course, in order to enjoy all the AM3 has to offer, it's imperative to pair this processor with DDR3 memory and an AM3 supporting motherboard to make it a true first-choice for gamers. MSI's new AM3 motherboards, 790FX-GD70 and 790GX-G65, equip a variety of overclocking technologies, including MSI-unique OC Dial and MAX FSB, as well as many other unique performance enhancing functions. These two boards make the perfect companion when upgrading to the new AM3 processor, and are not-to-be-missed by customers seeking to make the upgrade to this new level of processing might.
Latest News Posts
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio