AMD today announced that the AMD Embedded R-Series accelerated processing unit (APU), previously codenamed "Bald Eagle," is powering the latest set-back-box (SBB) digital media players from Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd. With high performance, low power, and broad connectivity, the new Samsung SBB-B64DV4 is an ideal fit for demanding signage applications that transform Samsung SMART Signage Displays into inclusive digital tools for a wide range of business needs.
Using AMD's Embedded R-Series APUs, Samsung SBB media players for digital signage deliver breakthrough HD graphics performance and support multi-video stream capabilities up to two displays, all in a power efficient and ultra-compact form factor.
"Digital signage is a key vertical for the AMD Embedded business," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "The AMD Embedded R-Series APU enables leading digital signage providers to harness high levels of compute and graphics performance within a low-power design envelope. AMD Embedded Solutions help designers at Samsung achieve aggressive form factor goals and drive down system costs while providing the rich multimedia their digital signage customers' demand."
The AMD Embedded RX-425BB APU combines a high performance x86 CPU with an integrated, discrete-class AMD Radeon R6 graphics processing unit (GPU) in a low-power configuration to minimize heat dissipation constraints and meet demanding energy efficiency requirements. The processor utilizes AMD's latest Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, created for advanced graphics applications and parallel processing capabilities.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Full PC with AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper starts at just $1699
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U spotted, new APU rocks Vega GPU tech
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers