QNAP, Inc. proudly announced that the new Plex Media Server app has been published and is available for the TS-x31 Turbo NAS line up via free download in the QTS App Center. By installing the Plex Media Server app on to your QNAP NAS, you can view your favorite videos, movies, TV shows, music, and photos via popular media streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, or Chromecast, as well as your smart TV.
Plex is a clever way of discovering, organizing, sharing, and enjoying media. It allows users to organize all their media across different platforms in one convenient place. Plex can search and find a video, fling it to a smart TV or streaming device for enjoyment, then pause and continue on iOS, Android, or Windows mobile devices. You can also access Plex via laptop or even through game consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox game consoles as well. Content can be easily recommended and even shared to friends. Plex is a subscription-based service and offers access to premium content. Get the full story at the Plex website.
"The Plex Media Server is one of the most recognized subscription-based services allowing personal content to be not only consumed but also shared," said Erick Oliveros of QNAP. "By adding the app to QNAP's TS-x31 ARM-based lineup, we've enabled the Turbo NAS to be a convenient place to store all the content and serve it up to the customer, whether they are in their home or on the go."
The new Plex Media Server app joins a growing number of world-class apps available to run on the QNAP QTS platform. Interested to make your app compatible? QNAP makes it easy with a well-documented development environment. Check out our developer area for more information.
You can download the Plex Media Server App by clicking here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017