Acer America today sets a new milestone in the Chromebook market with the fastest commercial model in the industry - the Acer C910 Chromebook with a 5th Generation Intel Core i5 processor. The Acer C910 Chromebook is part of Acer's commercial Chromebook line and is designed for education and business customers who need extra screen real estate along with outstanding Chrome performance and a durable design.
This new model will use the 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor to deliver the fastest performance in a commercial Chromebook to date. The new model expands the Acer C910 line that uses 5th Generation Intel Core i3 and next generation Intel Celeron processors based on Intel 5th Generation Core micro-architecture.
"The new faster performing Acer C910 Chromebook with an Intel Core i5 processor is raising the bar for Chromebook performance," said Carlos Siqueiros, mobility business manager, Acer America. "The advanced technology will boost productivity and help our education and commercial customers get the most out of their Chromebook experience for collaboration on important projects and research."
According to Gartner, Acer leads the Chromebook market with approximately 40 percent market share worldwide.
The new heightened performance of the Acer C910 Chromebook is the ideal complement to the other advanced capabilities of the device. Most unique is the Acer C910's 15.6-inch display - the industry's first of that size - which helps increase productivity by giving customers more real estate to view multiple tabs and apps. It's also ideal for shared environments such as classrooms, labs or conference rooms. The crisp and vibrant display comes with either a full HD IPS (1920x1080 resolution) display with wide viewing angles or an HD (1366x768 resolution) display that helps meet the limited budgets of schools. Both displays feature Acer ComfyView with anti-glare properties to minimize reflection and eye strain.
Durable Design Ideal for Students
The Acer C910 Chromebook was designed with extra durability features to handle extra-punishing environments such as schools. The Acer C910 has a reinforced cover that withstands up to 60kg of force, while the corners can tolerate up to 45cm drops without damage. Plus, the Chromebook was designed to endure more twisting and stress, further bolstered by a sleek and comfortable design that ensures a secure grip. The Acer C910 features the largest touchpad of any Chromebook today, so customers have greater freedom when navigating, zooming and scrolling.
Acer C910 is the Complete All-Day Device
The Acer C910 delivers long all-day battery life of up to 8 hours, so people will be able to use it to stay productive and have fun. Online connections are fast and secure with 2x2Wifi 802.11AC with MIMO technology. It also has two full-sized upward facing speakers for greater volume and clarity. Customers can connect other peripherals to it via Bluetooth 4.0, the USB 3.0 port, USB 2.0 port and HDMI port, as well as read SD cards to access and transfer files.
The Acer C910 weighs only 2.2kg (4.85 pounds) and measures only 393w x 256d x 24.2h mm (15.4w x 10.08d x 0.95h inches).
Support for Multiple Customers; Advanced Security
The Acer C910 is ideal for people who view, edit, create and collaborate both online and offline in programs, such as Office documents and Gmail. Chromebooks are simple to use and can be easily shared by multiple users. Storage on Google Drive protects files, documents, and photos safely in the cloud, and ensures that the most current version of the file or document is always available and safe, even if the Chromebook is lost or stolen.
Security is a key benefit of Chromebooks, as they are automatically updated to guard against ever-changing online threats. In addition, the Supervised Users feature helps get children online in a safe, controlled way.
Model, Availability and Pricing
The Acer C910 Chromebook C910-54M1 has a 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 4 GB of DDR low voltage memory, 32 GB SSD storage and a 15.6-inch Full HD display. It will be offered in the U.S. beginning in April at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.99. Exact specifications, prices and availability of other models will vary by region.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning