Continuing its recent focus on premium grade cooling components for compact systems such as ITX based gaming or Home Theater PCs, Noctua today released its new NH-L9x65 low-profile cooler and a 4-pin PWM version of its popular NF-A6x25 60mm fan. While the latter adds PWM support for automatic speed control to the proven NF-A6x25 design, the NH-L9x65 is a taller, performance-enhanced version of Noctua's award-winning NH-L9 low-profile coolers.
"Our NH-L9 coolers have become a default choice for customers seeking premium grade quiet coolers in the sub-40mm class, but with a height of only 37mm, their performance is inevitably limited", explains Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO), "The new NH-L9x65 provides the increased performance necessary to cool high-end CPUs quietly while still offering excellent case and component compatibility."
Due to its compact heat sink and the renowned 14mm thin NF-A9x14 PWM fan, the NH-L9x65 stands only 65mm tall (the same height as low-profile expansion cards), which makes it ideal for use in compact HTPCs or Small Form Factor cases that offer limited clearance for CPU coolers. With 65 instead of 37mm height and four instead of two heat pipes, the NH-L9x65 is more powerful than its smaller siblings yet retains their 95x95mm footprint, which guarantees 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on Intel based ITX mainboards and makes the cooler more convenient to work with as it doesn't overhang near-socket connectors.
Topped off with the professional SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system for Intel and AMD, Noctua's renowned NT-H1 thermal compound and 6 years manufacturer's warranty, the NH-L9x65 fuses everything users have come to expect from Noctua's larger coolers into a compact premium package for space restricted systems.
"With the trend towards highly compact, ITX based builds, 60mm fans are in demand again", says Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO), "Since more and more ITX mainboards offer PWM speed control on the case fan header or even multiple PWM headers, we're now providing a 4-pin PWM version of our popular, award-winning NF-A6x25 model."
The new PWM version of the NF-A6x25 sports Noctua's custom designed NE-FD1 IC for fully automatic speed control via 4-pin fan headers and comes with a Low-Noise-Adaptor to reduce the maximum speed during PWM control from 3000 to 2300rpm. Its superb running smoothness, SSO2 bearing and Noctua's trusted premium quality make it an elite 60mm choice for the highest demands.
Prices and availability
The new models are currently shipping and will be available shortly. The manufacturer suggested retail prices are as follows:
- NH-L9x65: EUR 44.90 / USD 52.90
- NF-A6x25 PWM: EUR 14.90 / USD 17.90
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni