ESL sets its sights on mobile app development with release of first official event app, available for download on both iOS and Android phones. The official ESL Katowice app, developed by ESL Technology, provides live match updates, hall plans and team information for all esports action at the Intel Extreme Masters Expo, along with enabling Counter-Strike: Global Offensive item drops for all event visitors.
This development marks the first time in Counter-Strike history that event visitors will receive item drops through an official event app. In order to be eligible, visitors must "check-in" at the venue once a day with geo-locations enabled on their devices. "When we create live events, we want to give our fans the best experience they can get," said Ulrich Schulze, Managing Director of Pro Gaming at ESL. "With the introduction of the app, all of them now have the same chance to receive item drops as those watching online, and that is on top of the incredible atmosphere at the venue."
"The ESL Katowice event app is the first in a row of mobile applications that we have planned for the company," said John Minah, Vice President Online & Mobile at ESL. "We're looking to ensure that event apps become a staple for major ESL competitions and aim to continually add to the functionality and versatility of the applications."
Competition for both Intel Extreme Masters and ESL One will be held in the Spodek Arena and adjoining Exhibition Hall from March 12-15 in Katowice, Poland. Featuring world class matches between the world's best StarCraft II, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Hearthstone® players, the app will provide an overview for all of the action.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives