GIGABYTE Announces Extensive Support for AM3/AM2+ CPUs
Simple BIOS upgrade extends AMD 45nm CPU support to full range of AM3/AM2+ motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan, February 16, 2009 - GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to announce support for the latest AMD® 45nm processors on all GIGABYTE socket AM3 and AM2+ motherboard models via a simple BIOS upgrade. These include all motherboards using the AMD® 790FX, 790GX, 790X, 770, 780G, 740G, 690G, 690V as well as the NVIDIA® nForce® 750a SLI, 570 SLI, 720D, 520LE, and GeForce® 6,100.
With the appropriate BIOS, GIGABYTE delivers an easy upgrade path for users wanting to take advantage of AMD's latest 45nm processors that deliver significant performance enhancements and hardware scalability. These include higher core clock speeds with greater energy efficiency than previous generations, an integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller (DDR3 memory support for AM3 processors and AM3 designed motherboards only), HyperTransport 3.0 and C1E enhanced power savings.
GIGABYTE has tested and verified the following products for AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU support with the BIOS versions listed below. Users can download the latest BIOS version by using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that searches online for the latest BIOS while operating in the MS Windows environment. @BIOS is available on the GIGABYTE motherboard driver CD or can be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website in the motherboard support and downloads section (select the Utilities option and scroll down to @BIOS). Alternatively, experienced users can find the latest BIOS on the GIGABYTE website at: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_List.aspx.
AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU Motherboard Support BIOS Version List
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Statues of Assange, Snowden and Manning unveiled in Berlin
- Bitcoin fighting to gain widespread support, while challenges remain
- Square Enix put 'around three weeks' into their amazing DX12 demo
- Enter our Studio Ghibli Blu-ray giveaway, thanks to Madman Films
- Microsoft says adoption rate of DirectX 12 is the fastest since DX9
- HIS MusiX Air Wireless Bluetooth IPX7 Water Resistant Speaker Review
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future