GIGABYTE Announces Extensive Support for AM3/AM2+ CPUs
Simple BIOS upgrade extends AMD 45nm CPU support to full range of AM3/AM2+ motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan, February 16, 2009 - GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to announce support for the latest AMD® 45nm processors on all GIGABYTE socket AM3 and AM2+ motherboard models via a simple BIOS upgrade. These include all motherboards using the AMD® 790FX, 790GX, 790X, 770, 780G, 740G, 690G, 690V as well as the NVIDIA® nForce® 750a SLI, 570 SLI, 720D, 520LE, and GeForce® 6,100.
With the appropriate BIOS, GIGABYTE delivers an easy upgrade path for users wanting to take advantage of AMD's latest 45nm processors that deliver significant performance enhancements and hardware scalability. These include higher core clock speeds with greater energy efficiency than previous generations, an integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller (DDR3 memory support for AM3 processors and AM3 designed motherboards only), HyperTransport 3.0 and C1E enhanced power savings.
GIGABYTE has tested and verified the following products for AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU support with the BIOS versions listed below. Users can download the latest BIOS version by using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that searches online for the latest BIOS while operating in the MS Windows environment. @BIOS is available on the GIGABYTE motherboard driver CD or can be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website in the motherboard support and downloads section (select the Utilities option and scroll down to @BIOS). Alternatively, experienced users can find the latest BIOS on the GIGABYTE website at: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_List.aspx.
AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU Motherboard Support BIOS Version List
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new Gear VR for the new Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge official, with 14nm CPU
- Acer launches its first Windows 8.1 smartphone, the Liquid M220
- Acer leaps into wearable game with Liquid Leap+ and multi-OS support
- Acer's new Liquid Jade Z smartphone revealed at MWC 2015
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Memory Tweaker
- Conroe 1333 DVI/H and Radeon R7 240
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop