GIGABYTE Announces Extensive Support for AM3/AM2+ CPUs
Simple BIOS upgrade extends AMD 45nm CPU support to full range of AM3/AM2+ motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan, February 16, 2009 - GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to announce support for the latest AMD® 45nm processors on all GIGABYTE socket AM3 and AM2+ motherboard models via a simple BIOS upgrade. These include all motherboards using the AMD® 790FX, 790GX, 790X, 770, 780G, 740G, 690G, 690V as well as the NVIDIA® nForce® 750a SLI, 570 SLI, 720D, 520LE, and GeForce® 6,100.
With the appropriate BIOS, GIGABYTE delivers an easy upgrade path for users wanting to take advantage of AMD's latest 45nm processors that deliver significant performance enhancements and hardware scalability. These include higher core clock speeds with greater energy efficiency than previous generations, an integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller (DDR3 memory support for AM3 processors and AM3 designed motherboards only), HyperTransport 3.0 and C1E enhanced power savings.
GIGABYTE has tested and verified the following products for AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU support with the BIOS versions listed below. Users can download the latest BIOS version by using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that searches online for the latest BIOS while operating in the MS Windows environment. @BIOS is available on the GIGABYTE motherboard driver CD or can be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website in the motherboard support and downloads section (select the Utilities option and scroll down to @BIOS). Alternatively, experienced users can find the latest BIOS on the GIGABYTE website at: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_List.aspx.
AMD AM3/AM2+ 45nm CPU Motherboard Support BIOS Version List
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact