SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the iNAND 7132 storage solution, the most advanced embedded storage solution from SanDisk to date. Designed for use in flagship mobile devices, the iNAND 7132 storage solution features SanDisk's new iNAND Accelerator Architecture with SmartSLC technology, an innovative new storage architecture that quickly and intelligently responds on-demand to mobile users' needs and gives superior experiences to the most data-intensive applications. Available in capacities up to 64GB, iNAND 7132 storage solution enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to introduce a new generation of high-capacity smartphones, tablets and connected devices that offer exceptional user experiences.
"iNAND 7132 is the perfect high capacity storage solution for the next generation of smartphones, tablets and smart devices," said Drew Henry, senior vice president and general manager for Mobile and Connected Solutions at SanDisk. "Featuring our new iNAND Accelerator Architecture with SmartSLC, our best-in-class iNAND 7132 storage solution delivers amazing performance for faster burst photography and 4K Ultra HD video capture, supports the newest 802.11 standards with ease, and enables blazingly fast data side-loading."
Designed for Performance, Capacity and Endurance
iNAND 7132 storage solution is built with SanDisk's 1Y nanometer 3-bit-per-cell (X3) NAND flash storage. When combined with the drive's SmartSLC technology, this storage solution offers near single-level-cell performance when the user need demands it, with the storage solution boasting sequential write speeds of up to 1Gb per second and beyond2. It brings tremendous performance to even the most data-intensive business, video, photography and mobile gaming applications, as well as supports 802.11ac and 802.11ad network standards.
The incredible speed of the iNAND 7132 storage solution also enables device makers to push the design boundaries of smartphone photography and video functionality. When used in optimized smartphones, the performance of the iNAND 7132 storage solution supports professional grade digital photography capabilities, including image capture in RAW format, thereby expanding the possibilities of image capture and processing. In addition, 4K Ultra HD video can be captured and played back with ease.
SanDisk-commissioned testing and analysis conducted by Granite River Labs, a global leader in engineering services and test solutions for high speed connectivity, found iNAND Accelerator to have a significant impact on smartphone performance. "In our tests, the iNAND 7132 storage solution with iNAND Accelerator featuring SmartSLC technology measurably boosted sequential write speeds. Specifically, we've validated download speeds up to and above 1Gbps," said Miki Takahashi, director of engineering at Granite River Labs.
In addition to its advanced new architecture, iNAND 7132 storage solution uses e.MMC 5.0+ specification and incorporates a sophisticated error correction hardware and software technology that enhances its endurance and responsiveness, and reduces latency. This enables devices with the iNAND 7132 storage solution to perform at high levels throughout the life of the device, even as the storage continues to fill up.
Optimized for the Mobile Ecosystem
SanDisk, which works with all major smartphone and tablet manufacturers, optimized the iNAND 7132 storage solution to seamlessly work with industry-leading application processors and bring performance to Android, Chrome and Windows based smartphones, tablets and connected devices.
In addition to improving the performance on popular system platforms and applications, iNAND 7132 storage solution helps reduce performance restrictions for application developers, enabling new possibilities in mobile device design.
iNAND 7132 storage solution is supported by advanced simulation, trouble-shooting and engineering tools that enable mobile manufacturers to quickly and easily integrate the device into mobile device designs. This offers the potential to significantly reduce the time from product development to product availability.
Specific features and specifications include:
- Built on the e.MMC 5.0+ HS400 specification
- Sequential write/read speeds up to 125/280 MB/s
- Features unique application architecture enhancements that reduce latency and support consistent performance
- Supports up to 3 fps of RAW image capture
- Available in packages just 11.5mm x 13mm in size and as thin as 0.8 mm enabling integration in slim host devices
Market Research Analyst Perspective:
"There is a rising data appetite among smartphone users, which largely driven by advanced media creation and consumption - the capture of million-megapixels images and 4K video capture, digital book downloads, tons of emails, offline music, documents storage and retrieval all done on the smartphone itself. This has marked an imminent need for flash storage that is not only higher capacity, but also offers better performance delivery and greater reliability compared to a traditional MLC flash storage. SanDisk is delivering on all these three important fronts with its innovative new iNAND 7132 EFD. It not only comes in higher capacity configurations, but also supercharges performance right at the application peaks and opens the door for an entire new range of application experiences." - Neil Shah, research director, Devices & Ecosystems, at Counterpoint Research.
Samples of the iNAND 7132 storage solution are currently available to customers in capacities up to 64GB.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4