VisionTek Products LLC, (VisionTek) http://www.visiontek.com, a leading manufacturer of award-winning, high-performance upgrades and accessories for PCs and Macs, today announced the new VisionTek DriveXpander 2.5" drive expansion slot adapter. Designed to fit any full-sized PCI or PCIe expansion slot, the DriveXpander enables data transfer speeds up to 600MB/s from bare drives with nearly any Windows based PC desktop or OS X based 2006-2012 Mac Pro.
The DriveXpander increases the functionality of a PC or Mac Pro by:
- adding additional storage capacity up to 2TB when internal bays are filled or are not accessible.
- offering quick and easy bare drive status verification.
- providing individual drive access from a storage array with minimal or no system down time.
- enabling removable storage to be added to the rear of a system - especially handy for HTPCs - where it is less noticeable or accessible to unauthorized users.
Add A New Drive in Three Easy Steps
The DriveXpander eliminates the need for an external enclosure or power adapter for truly tool-free and screw-less drive use. After an easy, two minute installation, users can read and write a 2.5" SATA I/II/III hard drive or solid state drive sized 7mm to 9.5mm by simply:
- opening the drive access lever on the DriveXpander,
- gently inserting a drive until resistance is felt,
- and closing the DriveXpander's drive access lever to fully insert and connect drive.
Custom Adapter Assures Perfect Fit with Any Expansion Slot
Unlike other hot-swap drive adapter designs that only work with PCI slots, the DriveXpander includes a custom PCIe slot stability adapter for a snug, secure fit on either expansion slot type.
Patented Design Assures Trouble-Free Use
The DriveXpander features a patented non-scratch SATA (NSS) connector that makes a direct connection with a drive's connector leads so users can install and eject a drive over 50,000 times with confidence. A perforated backplate and open cage design also ensures trouble-free drive use by providing effective passive drive cooling.
Lockable Access Panel Prevents Drive Theft
To prevent unauthorized removal of an installed drive, the DriveXpander features a special shaped key lock to provide peace-of-mind long-term drive installation.
Pricing & Availability
The $19.99 MSRP DriveXpander includes all data and power cables required for Plug and Play operation and is available immediately directly from VisionTek, select e-tailers such as Amazon, Tiger Direct, and Dell; and national distributors such as Ingram Micro and D&H.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system