Toshiba Corporation has achieved an areal density of one terabit per square inch (1Tbit/ in2) within a 2.5-inch client hard disk drive (HDD). This newest disk drive innovation delivers 3TB capacity using a 750GB per platter in a 15mm 2.5-inch HDD and increases areal density over Toshiba's prior generation of client HDDs by 40 percent. Toshiba is dedicated to developing new technologies to increase storage performance and capacities in consumer electronics. Toshiba's high areal density HDDs will be available in new products shipping later this year.
For more information on Toshiba's line of industry-leading SSDs, HDDs and SSHDs, visit http://www.toshibastorage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, visit the corporate blog at http://storage.toshiba.com/corporateblog/ and follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to produce significant stock of SNES Classic
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller